New from Greenfield, IN

KBacon

Newbie from Greenfield IN.. just east of Indy.

Planning on giving this track day thing a try May 1-2nd at Putnam Park.

Bucky Badger

KBacon;101452 wrote: Newbie from Greenfield IN.. just east of Indy.

Planning on giving this track day thing a try May 1-2nd at Putnam Park.
Welcome!! You won't regret giving it a try...most fun you can have with your clothes on :D

Trent1098S

Welcome! You'll have a blast at Putnam. It's a great track!

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, we're all willing to help. (Not much else to do right now with snow on the ground haha!)

KBacon

I've been riding since the summer of '07 on my 1997 YZF600R. Put about 12k on my bike last year w/ part of that riding from Indy to the Gap & back.

Would like to know if riding the track will ruin riding on the street? Just like riding at the Gap kinda ruined riding the local roads. Don't know if I was more burnt out from riding that distance.. or just found the local roads more boring???

I also tentatively have permission from the wife to buy a trailer.. and possibly travel to a track day. Possibly as part of a family vacation??? Would mixing this w/ a family vacation be advised or frowned upon? Would likely be one of the southern tracks... Any recommended favorites?

Since I have permission for the trailer.. anyone have any leads in the Indy 'area'???

nk140

welcome aboard....I think I did a group ride or two with you this past summer with the guys from the fz1 boards.

Track days will definitely make riding on the street way less exciting. I have only been to one southern track and that was Barber, but it was a blast.

KBacon

welcome aboard....I think I did a group ride or two with you this past summer with the guys from the fz1 boards.
Yep.. that would be me.. With my funky schedule.. I was only able to tag along a few times.. but I had a blast!!! Some Guy #2 actually pointed me over here.