New glove suggestions

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Lonewrench;199903 wrote: PC sells Held at all the SE events :)

If you guys were at MA events, I'd be spending waaaay too much money, LOL. That's awesome, you can try them on for proper sizing.

alocker

My Komodo KF-X's have been great but are getting nasty from sweat.

Anyone try the new Komodo Pro Racer gloves? It's either these or another pair of KF-X's.
pro-glove-blackxcart.png

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
9 out of 10 Expert crashers only ride with Held Titans!

some differences in the protection and amount thereof. Also, BIG difference is the 4th and 5th bridge. This is crucial, as I do not like crashing and then looking at my pinky pointed in the wrong direction. like rubbing salt in the wound.

call around, I got my Titans for $275

RS Taichi GP-WRX . I love mine. I liked them so much I got another pair for commuting to work. They aren't bulky in the finger tips like some others mentioned here. They provide good feel and feedback through my finger tips which is important to me. Plenty of features and good looks too. Not to mention they are a lot cheaper than Helds. I admit I haven't crashed in them yet but don't hold your breath. I'm not going to toss it into the woods just to give you a report. Check the link below for a video review. You can thank me later. ;)

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=5530

Hambone

I love my Held Phantoms. I have crashed in them and my hands too no damage at all (NONE). However, I tried on a pair of Heroic gloves and I fell in love with them. They are priced about the same and have similar qualities (double seams and stingray). I don't think it is possible to make a poor choice at that price point though. As long as they fit well and give you a lot of movement and feel.

umicheng

HEROIC SPR-PRO FTW!!! Just crashed in last weekend - lowside - held up perfectly. Don't think you can beat 300+ crashes last season with 0 broken fingers.

(BTW, spoke with Todd, Komodo totally ripped off HEROIC in their design...look familiar?)

alocker

umicheng;200255 wrote:

(BTW, spoke with Todd, Komodo totally ripped off HEROIC in their design...look familiar?)
Interesting. So you and Todd think all Heroic gear is a 100% fresh design without any ideas taken from other leather manufacturers? I admit the knuckle protector looks identical, but Komodo is known for producing quality protective gear and you would be hard pressed to find bad reviews on the stuff.

I have crashed in mine and worn them for almost 3 years. No splits, no busted seams, no threads dangling.

umicheng

By no means am I bashing Komodo quality. I don't own their products, but have always heard good things about them and wouldn't overlook buying their gear.

Someone copied someone, but glad they can happily all share....if you look REALLY closely, the gloves are mostly identical in shape, design, cut, materials etc. Mainly the center gauntlet section that's really different.

warregl

I'm currently wearing a set of REV'IT Jerez which held up very well in my only off (a low side). I chose them because I have a wide hand with (relatively) short fingers and the Jerez fit well. The fingers on most XL's (I'm a size 10 around the palm) are too long and having that extra material at the end of the glove drives me crazy.

I have to admit those Helds look like awesome gloves though. I'll have to try a pair on.

ericlouie1

Currently rocking a pair of a-star gp-plus's Getting a lil skanky, and hard to get on and off.
After talking to todd at heroic, I'm thinking that I'll go with a pair of his. Super nice dude, and can do alot of repairs on-site, if he is a t a track day.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I've been using Kobe Pros for many years with no negatives. I like the fact that they have old-school rivets on the palm, a feature I've tested too many times. They hold up well (I get 2 to 3 years) though they will wear out. They run a little big as far as sizing goes. The best point is the price

Twiztedjester55

Ended up going with the Knox BioMechs, as I needed they fairly quickly and they were the only ones other than the Astars I had a chance to try on. Very comfortable and feel pretty solid. I got them over the Handroids as I didn't like all of the stuff on the fingers.

ontheR6

Twiztedjester55;200895 wrote: Ended up going with the Knox BioMechs, as I needed they fairly quickly and they were the only ones other than the Astars I had a chance to try on. Very comfortable and feel pretty solid. I got them over the Handroids as I didn't like all of the stuff on the fingers.
I like mine very much, and i think u'll be happy with ur choice.
thought i might not like the strapping thingy, but i actually do.
solid feel, very comfortable while riding and they don't restrict movement of the wrist while ur hanging off.
was also worried that the palm sliders might get in the way somehow, but u don't even notice them at all.

MV Rider

I have the Knox BioMechs. Have used them for 3 trackdays and they are very comfortable. Should do fine in a crash but I do not need to do any personal testing.