NEW GUY - EXCITED!!

Tom_Stinson

Hello All,

My name is Tom Stinson. I recently got a membership and scheduled my very first track day at Pitt Race 5/11. I have been riding sport bikes for the past 4 years. All street riding. I’m excited to get on a track and learn this season. I’m 44 years old and love riding! I started riding atvs / dirtbikes and have spent many years in the woods recreationally. Hit the street on my first bike 4 years ago, Addicted !! I will be bringing my Ducati V4SP2, and of course plan to listen and learn take it easy and hopefully get better each track session.

Any recommendations or advice?

I look forward to meeting new riders and getting on the track !

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Tom! You are going to have a blast and meet a lot of cool like minded motorcycle addicts! PittRace is the best track on the east coast! You'll learn a lot. We designate a CR (control rider/coach) to new to the track riders to help you out with lines and other info. Introduce yourself to the people you're pitted near, everyone is super helpful.

Advice? Relax, breathe, listen to the CRs and have an absolute blast! Bring plenty of water, snacks, shade.

Here's the link to the Riders Manual, if you haven't already read it: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/N2-Riders-Manual_v2.0.6.pdf

bmart

Control Rider
Judy has it covered!

Absorb as much as you can. Take notes. Enjoy your first day. Talk to folks, including the CRs. We love the interaction.

Try to be relaxed on the track, you and the bike will feel much better as you work through the day.

Have fun at Pitt.