New Guy for Barber

treker8098

Hi Everyone,

I will be attending Barber on a race prepped GSXR 600 as a beginner and would like everything to go smoothly. I have gone through the bike and feel it is in great shape. I assume the events move along pretty quickly and would like to be prepared. Therefore I have some advance questions.

The bike has a good set of Pilot Powers. What tire pressures?

I assume I can roll in anytime Friday night. I will be staying at the track.

The current brakes appear to be standard Sintered EBC pads with approx. 3/4 pad remaining. If I install new pads or buy spares, any recommendations?

What is needed for the safety inspection? I assume the bike and gear.

What happens then? I have heard there is classroom, followed by getting to the bike, etc. Sounds like I need to be ready to go.

I hope some come by and check on me. The bike is primarily red with a little yellow, #126.

Thanks!
Hugh

Ruhe52

Read this http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf
and come find me at the track I will be in a Fuzion Toy Hauler and will have an Orange Nesba CR hat on. Welcome to the club.

Pads should be fine. Not sure about PP pressure.

Your day Sat will begin between 7 and 8 AM with registration and tech bring your email event confirmation(s) if doing both day bring Sat and Sun confirmation. Also have your drivers license or some photo ID

When you come to registration bring bike and all gear. leathers boots lid gloves

Reg and tech closes at 8 and approx 8:20 we will have a riders meeting. This is mandatory for anyone wanting to ride.
After riders meeting there will be a New rider meeting that will go into more detail and give insight into riding on the track.

Anyway all this goes pretty smooth. Just show up ready to have a silly amount of fun and an open mind.

Really look me up or ask any Control Rider you see any question you have we are there to help you.

See you at Barber!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
You will have time...no worries, just go out there be safe and have some!! Welcome aboard...

dougo224

i did my first trackday last friday and went in with a lot of questions. dont worry about being unprepaired, just read the manual and follow what it says about your bike set up. get there early and find somebody and ask them to look at your bike or anything else you may be unsure about. i asked people around me a bunch of questions and not once did someone act like they didnt want to help me. people with nesba are very friendly and willing to help. that was my experience with nesba and im sure your will not be any different. to answer your last question i wore my suit to inspection but i saw some people who didnt have them on during inspection. it just seemed easier for me to put it on rather than drag it down there. just be prepared to have the time of your life!!!!

treker8098

Hi again everyone,

I think I am well prepared for the weekend at Barber. I just sat on the bike for the first time with all the new Alpine gear etc. After about 30 min in the gear making sure everything fit, I was tired. Some of that may be due to the fact I rode in a bicycle event today and was exhausted prior to the fitting. I moved the the gear selector several times and then discovered that I should velcro the boots with the foot bent. I was having a bit of a hard time manipulating my ankle and foot from upshifting to downshifting. I was much more confortable on the bike that standing around. After my fitting, I had a hard time getting one of my elbows out of the gear even though I was wearing a long sleeve micro shirt with the back protector. I will bet that some of you are going to say, "Ah, sounds like a perfect fit."

I hope some of you more experienced riders will find me as we will arrive late Friday with a silver Dodge Caravan and a tan canopy. I think was able to load a picture of the bike so I can be found.

JRA

Just FYI Hugh. The part in bold is important if you think you will arrive after 9:00 pm.

#5 Barber Motorsports Park
Map: http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr...58107&t=h&z=14
GPS Coordinates: 33.533597 N : 86.612391 W (+33° 32' 0.95", -86° 36' 44.61")
Track Web site: http://www.barbermotorsports.com/
Track Info: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Barber_Motorsports_Park
Track Facts: http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/AL/Barber.html
Track Weather: http://www.racetrackweather.com/cgi-...dh&pands=35094
Gate Hours: 24/7
Camping Allowed: Yes (no fees)
Electricity Fees: $25/day
Showers: Yes
Pets Allowed: No, unless required to assist handicapped individuals.
Pit bikes allowed: Yes
Sunday down time: 11am - 12pm (quiet time 8pm - 8am)
Tire/Vendor Service: Yes
Notes: Registered riders may check-in anytime after 6pm Friday (and 24/7 thereafter) before a weekend event. Non-registered spectators and other non-participants must check in at Registration building before 9pm Friday, or before 6pm on Saturday or Sunday. After initial check-in, registered riders and non-registered spectators may enter/exit 24/7 using arm band. For riders, if you use a side stand (kickstand), track rules require that you use a block of wood/plastic/etc. to protect asphalt).

treker8098

Thanks John,

I already have my liability forms (both days) signed that were sent to me. I assume that means I am registered and on the list.

JRA

treker8098;121750 wrote: Thanks John,

I already have my liability forms (both days) signed that were sent to me. I assume that means I am registered and on the list.
Yes Hugh, you are on the list. I now realize I should have been more clear so please let me explain.

You can get in any time because as a registered participant your name is on our registration list. However if you are bringing somebody with you their name isn't on our list as a registered participant and as a result will only be able to get in between 6:00 - 9:00 pm on Friday, between 6:30 am - 6:00 pm on Saturday, and after 6:30 am on Sunday.

Everybody entering the gate will be issued a wristband. Once you have a wristband on (no matter if you are a participant or a guest) you can come and go 24 hours a day.