New guy from Bloomington, IN

Steward

RandyO;100557 wrote: Hey what is with the sig? I saw another one that said the R1 was eaten on T1? whats up? and now you have a gixxer?

updates brother updates... :)
Well yeah, unfortunately I took my first spill late last year at Putnam Park. Wound up low-siding in T1. I must have leaned a bit too much and tucked the front. I wound up sliding off the track and into the grass.. no harm, no foul, no injuries. Unfortunately, I think the R1 frame slider must have hooked up with the grass and the bike flipped. Bike didn't fair so well. I still can't look at it without wanting to :puke:! :argh:

After reviewing the onboard video and thinking about it, I came to two conclusions. One - I'd been on the track for over 30 minutes solid and I was tired. Two - Because I was tired, my body position sucked and I wasn't getting my butt off the seat and had to lean more to make the turn.

The upside is that this has motivated me to get into better shape this winter. I'm hitting the Bowflex and occasionally doing the treadmill. Plus, I got a dedicated track bike (Gixxer 600) to start out the new year. Can't wait for the 2010 season to roll around and to get back on the track. :)

RandyO

well crap... that R1 was pretty... but it can be fixed... glad you are ok.... Am already signed up for 5/1 so get moving man... looks like NESBA is only there 3 weekends this year :( but we got options. :)

I am trying to get another bike for riding (08 CBR1000RR) :)

Wink

C'mon Randy, I was coaching you on your Busa on my SV650. You don;t need a big ole 1000, get a 600! Or better yet, get a 650! LOL!

Looking forward to riding with you again this season. It was a blast to se you ride that big beast on the track. :)

RandyO

Wink;101245 wrote: C'mon Randy, I was coaching you on your Busa on my SV650. You don;t need a big ole 1000, get a 600! Or better yet, get a 650! LOL!

Looking forward to riding with you again this season. It was a blast to se you ride that big beast on the track. :)
LOL... I did happen to pick these up but not sure what to do with them yet..

10936_105864682759253_100000071668482_151661_4619410_n.jpg

I might try one of them at Putnam.. The 1000RR is just hard to say no too... $6900 brand new is just tough to skip over when I can not even get near a newer gixxer for that..

I know the Busa does not have a lot more in it but I figure you guys can get me another 3-6 seconds a lap with some more coaching

RandyO

Hey Steward old boy... you want to go to Road America? I am on for both days and if you want, you can stay over at the house each way.. it is about 6 hours from the house here and was thinking heading up Friday

Steward

Thanks for the generous offer Randy. I'm already committed to doing the Cycle Options days at Putnam that weekend.

I'm signed up with NESBA for May 1-2 at Putnam. Getting ready to sign up for an SED at Putnam as well.

I'll see you in May.

Steward

RandyO;111264 wrote: Dave give me your Putnam dates or are you just doing them all?
Randy,

As it stands now, the plan is to do them all except for July 24-25.

April 24-25 (paid)
May 1-2 (paid)
May 30
June 12-13
July 31 - Aug 1
Aug 14-15
Aug 30
Sep 5 (Private event - not sure any spots will be left over for "outsiders")
Oct 2-3
Oct 16-17

Hope to throw some other tracks into the mix once I get a better handle on my work schedule.

RandyO

Ok I got these dates with NESBA.. I will see about adding another couple Putnam dates when I get my schedule firmed up a bit.. :)

4/24/2010 Road America
4/25/2010 Road America
5/1/2010 Putnam
5/10/2010 Mid-Ohio
8/1/2010 Putnam Skill Enhancement Day
8/14/2010 Putnam
10/16/2010 Putnam