New guy from Boyertown, Pa

stayspoolin

Getting into the track scene finally!
Im very excited, yet mad at myself for making this decision so late! But this gives me over the winter to prepare my bike for some track days!
Looking forward to seeing you guys out there!
I plan on going to NJMP more than others since its closest...my wife did say she wants to travel more however...guess she will get to travel to locations of other tracks!
:D

andykurz

Welcome to NESBA. It's never too late to start anything worthwhile!

stayspoolin;288096 wrote: my wife did say she wants to travel more however
LOL, let me know how that interpretation works for you.

bluers

Welcome! You will have a great time. NESBA is a very tight knit family and everybody is willing to help each other out.

stayspoolin

andykurz;288098 wrote: Welcome to NESBA. It's never too late to start anything worthwhile!

LOL, let me know how that interpretation works for you.
it should be quite entertaining :popcorn:

But thanks everyone for the welcome!!!

stayspoolin

vinny337;288154 wrote: Welcome to NESBA!
Thanks!! I'd assume you could possibly be one of the CRs to help teach me a few things at the track !!
I'm getting a suit Friday!! (off a member on here actually) and im hoping to be able to get in at least one track day by the end of the year at NJMP!! But if that doesn't work out i'll be picking up a trailer over winter and prepping my bike more over the cold months to come with some suspension goodies! Im so stoked for this!!!!
Very eager to learn to enhance my riding abilities

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
stayspoolin;288218 wrote: Thanks!! I'd assume you could possibly be one of the CRs to help teach me a few things at the track !!
I'm getting a suit Friday!! (off a member on here actually) and im hoping to be able to get in at least one track day by the end of the year at NJMP!! But if that doesn't work out i'll be picking up a trailer over winter and prepping my bike more over the cold months to come with some suspension goodies! Im so stoked for this!!!!
Very eager to learn to enhance my riding abilities
Yes one of the many guys /girls that will help you along the way. Feel free to ask questions, (any question) and hopefully you can make it out soon...:cool:

stayspoolin

vinny337;288332 wrote: Yes one of the many guys /girls that will help you along the way. Feel free to ask questions, (any question) and hopefully you can make it out soon...:cool:
Soooo the 29th I see is a track day at NJMP.....to do the intro trial...just basically show up in the AM and that's it??
I just sent payment for the track suit an hour ago..so I should have that next week. My gloves don't cover up to my wrist and I have riding shoes, not boots. But I see I can rent them there.
(kind of thinking out loud right now..)
Is there anything special I have to do or contact someone??
And its free to do the trial??? just pay to get in or how does that work?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
stayspoolin;288337 wrote: Soooo the 29th I see is a track day at NJMP.....to do the intro trial...just basically show up in the AM and that's it??
I just sent payment for the track suit an hour ago..so I should have that next week. My gloves don't cover up to my wrist and I have riding shoes, not boots. But I see I can rent them there.
(kind of thinking out loud right now..)
Is there anything special I have to do or contact someone??
And its free to do the trial??? just pay to get in or how does that work?
You still have to register for the free intro sessions, can't just show up, limited spots available. At the top of this page, click the tab 'create an account'. Once you have an account, you should be able to register for the intro session. If not, send an email to info@nesba.com
You shouldn't have to pay anything for the 2 morning intro sessions when you register. If you like it and want to stay for the entire day, you can then pay for the day, if there are spots left in the Beginner group. (intro rides the first two morning sessions in the Beginner group for free).

I'm not sure who, if anyone, is renting boots and gloves, but you'd need to reserve ahead of time. I think Markbilt was renting suits, I'd check with the info@nesba.com address about that, or contact Markbilt directly (markbiltracebikes.com for the contact phone) to see if he will be there and is renting boots/gloves.

Also, post up under Mid-Atlantic to see if anyone who is going that day has a pair of boots/gloves you could borrow. Sometimes folks have extras they don't mind lending out. Post your size, too.

stayspoolin

HondaGalToo;288346 wrote: You still have to register for the free intro sessions, can't just show up, limited spots available. At the top of this page, click the tab 'create an account'. Once you have an account, you should be able to register for the intro session. If not, send an email to info@nesba.com
You shouldn't have to pay anything for the 2 morning intro sessions when you register. If you like it and want to stay for the entire day, you can then pay for the day, if there are spots left in the Beginner group. (intro rides the first two morning sessions in the Beginner group for free).

I'm not sure who, if anyone, is renting boots and gloves, but you'd need to reserve ahead of time. I think Markbilt was renting suits, I'd check with the info@nesba.com address about that, or contact Markbilt directly (markbiltracebikes.com for the contact phone) to see if he will be there and is renting boots/gloves.

Also, post up under Mid-Atlantic to see if anyone who is going that day has a pair of boots/gloves you could borrow. Sometimes folks have extras they don't mind lending out. Post your size, too.
Thanks a lot!! ..I now realize that was some what of a stupid question after I read the handbook clicked around the main page reading everything.
Cant wait for the 29th now!!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
stayspoolin;288350 wrote: Thanks a lot!! ..I now realize that was some what of a stupid question after I read the handbook clicked around the main page reading everything.
Cant wait for the 29th now!!
You're welcome! Make sure to read the Riders' Manual (if you haven't already). It's in the "manuals & forms" tab at the top of the page. It'll answer most questions folks have. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
stayspoolin;288352 wrote: Just re-read it...for the 3rd time lol. And registered for the 29th...now to find boots and new gloves...
You're gonna love it and be hooked. You may as well just sign up for the whole day and buy the damned boots and gloves now. LOL.:D

CBRtist

Welcome!

stayspoolin;288096 wrote: Getting into the track scene finally!
Im very excited, yet mad at myself for making this decision so late!
I'm a late starter too, but just enjoy making up for lost time!

stayspoolin;288096 wrote:
But this gives me over the winter to prepare my bike for some track days!
Looking forward to seeing you guys out there!
I plan on going to NJMP more than others since its closest...my wife did say she wants to travel more however...guess she will get to travel to locations of other tracks!
:D
Ah, yes. That's was one of my husband's tactics, and I did enjoy the traveling, but now look at the end result! All I used to do was complain about how many TDs he was doing, now I ask "When's our next TD????". As he will tell you... be careful what you wish for :banghead:

I plan on being there the 29th. And as Judy said... go ahead and just buy the gloves and boots. There are some closeouts and some deals you can find out there. You could borrow my husbands, but he's a size 11 :(

Myers

Control Rider
Welcome to NESBA!!! and enjoy!

ps: Boyertown to Summit Point WV is less then 4hrs from you and a Uhaul trailer is 20 bucks a day.... just sayin :tothetrack:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
So, did you get your gear squared away? Will you be there on the 29th? If you have any questions let me know, I'll be there. Look for a black gixxer with red flames, #75.