New guy from E. TN

jmcfender1

Hi all,
New here from East TN. Looking forward to a track day with the org soon...

Looking for a designated 600cc track bike for next season as well... Tired of grappling with the 900RR.

BarberMotorsportsPark018.jpg

Hope to meet some of you soon.
Josh

jon686

Where at in East TN? I live in Spring City. I go to a few events and have a trailer big enough for 2 bikes. I also ride a Honda, the RC51.

jmcfender1

I live in Chuckey...It looks like there's about 145 miles between our cities, 2.5 hours. I have two more trackdays scheduled this season with STT and a newborn due in august so my time will be limited until next spring, but I'd be happy to travel with you if it makes things easier sometime. I also have a trailer and a truck so we could barter a bit.

My main issue for the next few months is getting a track bike purchased and ready before March 2010... The 900RR that I have wont take a 17 inch slick on the front without a mod and I want to keep it stock.

Specifically I am shopping for a 98-99 GSXR 600 or a 2003-2004 GSXR 600...I am open to other 600s but don't have much to go on besides consumer reports...I hope to get a Fuel Injected bike but carbs are ok if that is all I can find for the money I want to spend (no more than 2500)

Brandon

jon686;72346 wrote: Where at in East TN? I live in Spring City. I go to a few events and have a trailer big enough for 2 bikes. I also ride a Honda, the RC51.
If you do any street riding, my buddy in cleveland is having a few of us over in a few weeks.. if you could link up shoot me a pm and i'll give you more info and maybe you could link up with us. We're a responsible group, no worries of the squids.

Trent1098S

Welcome to NESBA.. looks from the pic like you already know your way around a track on a motorcycle. :)

What tracks you going to run?

jmcfender1

HI JRA, that's cool. I work in Johnson city! maybe we can share a ride to a track sometime or just roll out locally, but it will be next season before i can schedule any more tracks on the calendar cause of the newborn, also the member fee of $75 is sorta steep to squeeze in maybe 1 or 2 tracks. I'll try for a fresh start with NESBA come feb/march. STT is pretty darn good too, no beef with them at all, great bunch of guys, but everybody needs variety right?

Hi Trent1098S, yeah I've seen a few tracks, but still the learning curve is steep here:)

Brandon, thanks for the invite, I will let you know if I am free, but with the wife about to go into labor I think I will opt to stick close to her until the birth.:cool:

JRA

Just a little info FYI. When you join NESBA your membership runs for a full year, so if you were to join today it would be good into July of 2010. You can also purchase credits that will essentially pay for most of, or all of your membership. For instance you can buy a $500 credit and get $550 credited to your account, or buy $1000 credit and get $1100 credited to your account. When you purchase your first NESBA event you will also buy your membership and both the membership fee and the event fee will come out of the total credit amount that you have.

Also be sure and check out this link so you can see all of the benefits that membership gives you. I think you'll be surprised.

http://www.nesba.com/Info/Member.htm

jmcfender1

Wow! that's good to know...I was under the wrong impression...

Crash insurance is great too! I didn't expect that! Hope I never need it though:eek:

Thanks for the heads-up! I am surprised!

jcrich

Johnson City here as well. Welcome. JRA is a friend, who got me started into this highly addictive sport. Now I am poorer, but having a heck of a lot of fun. Thanks a lot John. :)
You will find no better club or people than NESBA.