New guy from Iowa

bengsxr

Hello folks my name is Ben I am almost 29 I currently own a 2007 R6 have not rode it much since I bought it new in 07, only 2400 miles on it. I been on sport bike since I was 18. First was a Honda F3 then a 600 gsxr, then a R6 then another R6 and now another R6. So yeah every couple years I go get a new one. I did not replace the 07 this year due to the fact that I have more money in parts then what I paid for the bike so I would not even get close to what I want for it. I will just keep this one in the garage for life and just get a new one outright in 2010. I moved to Iowa almost two years ago. I really want to do a bunch of track days in the area but I need to buy a few things first like a one peice suit. Well alright folks I guess thats enough about me.

BigKid

If you want to know where to start, either dive right in or start with a rental set of leathers and either the intro group or sign up for a weekend. I guarantee everyone that enjoys sport bikes will have perma-grin for a week after their first track day and it comes back before and after future track days.

Waltzy

BigKid;51746 wrote: If you want to know where to start, either dive right in or start with a rental set of leathers and either the intro group or sign up for a weekend. I guarantee everyone that enjoys sport bikes will have perma-grin for a week after their first track day and it comes back before and after future track days.
He speaks the truth...:D

mlmoore

You can rent or possibly borrow a suit for the first time out.

You can even do the 2 Intro sessions for free if you want to check it out slowly.

What part of Iowa are you from? Going to HPT next week or Iowa Speedway later in May?

grmann

Heartland Park Topeka, Mid-Central track weekend a week from now.

Other useful TLAs include:
MAM - Mid-America Motorplex found approximately adjacent to Pacific Junction, IA.
MPH - Motorsports Park Hastings, over in Hastings, NE, next track weekend is around the end of June, I think.