New Guy from Tx

lonestar636

Hello everyone, I’ve taken a work assignment in Augusta, Ga for the year and I am looking forward to riding some of these great tracks in the area. I plan on attending Carolina June 16th and had a question on what level to register. :dunno: In Texas I ride with a tack org by the name of ride smart. I’ve got 4 TDs under my belt and 8 years of motorcycle riding experience. After my 2nd track day with ridesmart I was bumped to the intermediate group, but I am hesitant to register as intermediate at Carolina bc I don’t know the track. :doh: I am a bit hesitant to register for beginner bc I don’t want to be held back and new track riders scare the piss out of, due to their unpredictable lines and nature( might not be a issue with NESBA?). What do you guys think? I may just end up doing beginner and hope this org moves people up a level if needed.

Lombardo Joe

Welcome!

I don't know how they do things at Carolina... But I strongly suggest you sign up for Beginner. Up here we have people who are at 10+ TDs and still hang out in B. I've never heard of RideSmart, but I'd stick with Beginner just to learn the NESBA ropes. I'm sure most rules are similar, but it can't hurt!

Again, welcome. The folks here on this board are pretty cool. It's more like a big family that rides really fast together.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Welcome to NESBA!! I would start in the "B" group and when you feel you're ready ask for your bump the CR's will work with and provide instant feedback.

BigBird

Lombardo Joe;131366 wrote: But I strongly suggest you sign up for Beginner. Up here we have people who are at 10+ TDs and still hang out in B.
i am one of them :eek:

Welcome and start in :b: and its not that bad, and if you have the skills for :i: the :cr:s will bump you up