New guy here - get the beating sticks

Mike

First of all, I'm surprised "Mike" wasn't already taken on here. Second, hi everyone! I haven't had a chance yet to get out for a first track day sadly. I'm working on finding a used suit in my size. Other than the suit, I'm ready to stay up the night before being excited for a track day. This has gotten expensive quick but thankfully I have no wife to tell me no. I'm from Greensboro, NC and I'll be going to the VIR track days.

My bike (with my sweet, free camera phone):
34rvqx2.jpg

Mike

Dave561;248888 wrote: Welcome, but please put the other rotor on prior to coming to the track.
Thank you. And no worries, the other rotor is on already. Luckily the guy I got the bike from still had the extra rotor, caliper, hose, and bolts. That picture was shortly after I got the bike back in October/November.

Ghost Cracker;248882 wrote: Welcome and have fun. Your regret will not be the money spent, but the time wasted getting to the track
Thanks! Yeah I was assuming that will be the dilemma. I don't regret spending the money yet. It's something I've wanted to do for a really long time so if I don't get out to the track, I'll regret not spending the money and time.

02SV;248894 wrote:
Welcome Mike!
Thanks!

JVance

Welcome! I am in Mebane. What size suit do you wear? Again, if you need anything just shout. We are always eager to help get someone on the track.

John

Mike

supernakie;249228 wrote: Welcome! I am also in Greensboro
Thanks man! Looks like I'll have to be saving this thread to bother local people. :p

JVance;249249 wrote:
Welcome! I am in Mebane. What size suit do you wear? Again, if you need anything just shout. We are always eager to help get someone on the track.

John
Thanks! The suit I tried on was a Teknic, size 46 US. I'll pm you too.

JVance

I have an old Joe Rocket suite that is a 46. I would be willing to loan it out if you need it to get on the track. I would consider selling it, it would be cheap if you wanted it. I have a back protector that has been hanging around the garage for a few years that I would do the same with, loan or sell. I'm not available this weekend but I wll be around next week/weekend.

John

Mike

JVance;249256 wrote: I have an old Joe Rocket suite that is a 46. I would be willing to loan it out if you need it to get on the track. I would consider selling it, it would be cheap if you wanted it. I have a back protector that has been hanging around the garage for a few years that I would do the same with, loan or sell. I'm not available this weekend but I wll be around next week/weekend.

John
That would be awesome! I am trying to make VIR in August. So there's some time still to meet up with you. I will be interested in buying both the suit and back protector too.

jorge1812

Hey Mike, I read that you're trying to come out to VIR on august. remember that if you sign up after 15 days prior to the event there will be a $30 dollar fee. just wanted to give you the heads up brotha. Hope to see you out there on the 18th/19th. I'll be on a white 2009 GSX-R600 street bike. dont hesitate to come by and say hi.

Mike

Thanks again everybody. I signed up for the 19th. Just need to grab some tires now and the suit from Jvance. I can't wait!