New in IL Burbs

derekcb

Hey everyone. Recently joined the forum as a referral from a friend. Just getting back into riding after about a 20 year break. I did my first two track days this fall. Autobahn North with STT and BFR with motovid.com. I'm looking forward to the expertise of NESBA next season. Hope to meet some of you in the off-season...it appears the kart racing is fierce among the local Chicagoans.

gkotlin

Welcome! Everyone needs to be riding on the track. This is the funnest hobby ever!

I need me some track time! It's been 2 weeks and I'm having withdrawl.

derekcb

Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's going to be a long winter...gives me a while to contemplate options for track ride next season...

1. track prep the RC - fairing, suspension (respring/revalve), rearsets?
2. pick up someone elses track prepped 600

Suggestions?

thumpin250

A certain someone has a 06 cbr600 In IL who just happens to be heading up for the karting event, and he just may be able to bring it with him for you to see/purchase.

Now that i'm done with my shameless sales pitch, welcome back sir.

Nexus

derekcb;221205 wrote: Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's going to be a long winter...gives me a while to contemplate options for track ride next season...

1. track prep the RC - fairing, suspension (respring/revalve), rearsets?
2. pick up someone elses track prepped 600

Suggestions?
Welcome and #2. :)

derekcb

Thanks for the suggestions. I won't make a decision until probably Feb/Mar. The wife would shoot me if I came home with another bike before the holidays.

:idea: However, shoot me a link to your listing when you post it Thumpin. :D