New member Central Jersey

JNewman28

Hello all! Finally officially introducing myself on the forum. My name is Jeff Newman. I'm 24 and I'm currently riding a 2000 Honda CBR F4 600 (I'd like to sell it but ill save that for another thread haha). This was my first track weekend and man did I pick a good one

I'd like to thank everyone again and everyone I didn't get a chance to thank today for all of your help and support. Glad the air fence fundraiser had such a great turnout! It was great to meet all of you. I've heard many good things about this club and now I see why.

Looking forward to many more track days!!

steftoff

Glad you had such a good time Jeff.
Welcome to the club.
Why do you want to sell you F4? They are a great bike for starters. A few minor mods and it will give you many good TD's.

Stefan

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome to the forum, finally! LOL. Glad I could help you get out there for your first weekend! You did great!!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Stefan makes a good point. The F4 is perfectly capable. Throw that 20mm kit in the forks and ride the snot out of it for a few more years. ;) ~$500 for forks vs $4000-6000+ for a used track bike (at least the kind you're looking at. An SV650 would be had for around $3000 or maybe less, but that's another story). Savings = more money for seat time! It's not about the bike, it's about the rider!

Was the stock seat shaved down to lower it? If you can find an original seat on ebay it might make the riding position more to your liking.

Last edited:

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Welcome aboard, fellow-central-jersian (though I've seen quite a disparity in what people call "central jersey")!

Myers

Control Rider
Glad you had a great weekend!!! Get ready... many more to come!

Welcome aboard Jeff!

JNewman28

Stefan makes a good point. The F4 is perfectly capable. Throw that 20mm kit in the forks and ride the snot out of it for a few more years. ;) ~$500 for forks vs $4000-6000+ for a used track bike (at least the kind you're looking at. An SV650 would be had for around $3000 or maybe less, but that's another story). Savings = more money for seat time! It's not about the bike, it's about the rider!

Was the stock seat shaved down to lower it? If you can find an original seat on ebay it might make the riding position more to your liking.

Hmmm..maybe you guys are right. Now that I learned how to empty the carb lol. Definately something to think about. Thanks for the input guys.

LesPow

Control Rider
Welcome to the N2 community of knowlegable and skilled riders, we will make you faster, safer, funnier? Welcome!

steftoff

Hmmm..maybe you guys are right. Now that I learned how to empty the carb lol. Definately something to think about. Thanks for the input guys.
Jeff I have a stock seat. It isnjot perfect but not in bad shape. I wouldnbe happy to get it out ofnmy shop as I have no use for it. Either I can ship it or you can grab it the next time you are in my area. I live 20mins north of NJMP. You actually drive right by my house if you take 206 to 54 and take Lincoln ave into Millville.
Just let me know.
I am concidering the 20mm kit and springs for my F4 this winter.

Stefan

JNewman28

That would be great Stefan! I'll pay for you to ship it up to east brunswick. That would be ideal since im not sure when I'd be able to come down. How much do you want for the seat? That 20mil kit is tempting. Mark had recommended that to me at NJMP. Thanks dude!

steftoff

That would be great Stefan! I'll pay for you to ship it up to east brunswick. That would be ideal since im not sure when I'd be able to come down. How much do you want for the seat? That 20mil kit is tempting. Mark had recommended that to me at NJMP. Thanks dude!
In box me your address and I will box it up and let you know what shipping will be.

Stefan