New member from GA

D2R6

"A" - nOOb
Getting ready for my first Track Day ever. Going to start out in the Novice group. Most of my questions have been answered by reading the manual and other post here in the forum but had some that I am not sure about.

1. Frame Sliders! Do I need to remove them?
2. Back protector! My suit has the hump on the back, do I need to wear a back protector under the suit?

Going to do the 3/26/16 track day at Road Atlanta and want to make sure I have everything in order before getting there.

Thanks

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! You will have fun and learn a lot!!

1. No need to remove frame sliders. They may help in a crash, although that is much debated! You do mean frame sliders, as in the delrin puck-shaped things? Not a stunters metal cage?

2. Wearing a back protector is strongly advised, the hump in the suit isn't a substitute for a back protector. I don't think they are "required" as per the manual, meaning you don't need to bring it to tech with the rest of your gear. However, no one I know will ride without one. Get a good stand-alone one, not the chintzy foam that is sometimes included with the suit. So I would say, yes, you need to wear a back protector under the suit!

D2R6

"A" - nOOb
Yes-delrin pucks.

Will search for a good back protector asap.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to learning as much as I can.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
There's lots of good options for back protectors. Some are thicker than others, so ensure it fits comfortably under your suit. Forcefield makes excellent stuff, the Pro-Sub4 is awesome, but thick. I couldn't fit it, so I opted for the Alpinestars Nucleon KR-1. Knox makes good stuff as well. Forcefield has other choices besides the pro-bu 4 that are less thick.

D2R6

"A" - nOOb
[*Some tracks do charge a spectator fee if you do not enter
with a rider in the morning.]

* Do you know if Road Atlanta charges the spectator fee if a family member arrives later in the day?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
That I don't know for Road Atlanta. Hurricanejohn should know. If he doesn't chime in, you could start a conversation with him (aka private message).

Motofun352

Control Rider
I've never seen a spectator fee at any N2 event. Also check out Safe-T-Impact armor (sp?). It's a little pricey but it's custom fit. If going "all-in" also consider a chest protector. Bottom line is safety gear is not the place to skip in order to save a few bucks.

whitarnold

Welcome.... If you stay in touch with me I will meet you there and help you out some... I will have power in my pit for tire warmers and be arriving Friday night.

D2R6

"A" - nOOb
Welcome.... If you stay in touch with me I will meet you there and help you out some... I will have power in my pit for tire warmers and be arriving Friday night.

>Hey, Thanks. Being that this will be my 1st time doing a track day and starting out in the Novice group I won't be using any tire warmers (yet). I will use this day to learn as much as I can and to see everything I will need for more track days in the future. *Looking forward to many more!!!

If I come by Fri night, will N2 already be there? I would like to come by & check things out to see where to go/where to set up Sat morning.

Thanks

whitarnold

Yes. The gates will open on Friday at 4/5/6 pm... Something like that. Set everything up Friday evening and it will make it a lot smoother on Saturday morning....

mpusch

Micah
Yes. The gates will open on Friday at 4/5/6 pm... Something like that. Set everything up Friday evening and it will make it a lot smoother on Saturday morning....

Also recommend this. Gives you a chance to give the bike a last look over too.

Good luck trying to fall asleep though, pretty hard to not be excited :D

steve211

Hey D2R6, I'm also a new N2 member and will be at Road Atlanta as well. Congrats on your first ever track day! Ill be in the novice group with you. What color is your R6?

Steven

D2R6

"A" - nOOb
Welcome to N2 Steve211! everyone here has been great.
Look forward to meeting you and having a blast at the Road Atlanta Track DayD2R6 Red Raven 2011.JPG