New Member - Heading to Pitt this month

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks for the updates! I have a hotel for Friday night, but if I understand correctly, I can stop by Friday night and find a place to put my trailer and my easy up and then head back to the hotel. (If they allow me to leave it overnight without camping or renting a garage or powered space) I'll give them a call and see if they can confirm. Worst case I just show up early as possible on Sat. morning. I dont need electric, just a place for the easy up to keep me out of the sun. Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!
I don't think that has changed, you should be able to drop off. If you find out differently, let us know. Much better to come in and set up the night before, less rushing in the morning. Gates usually open around 5 at Pitt, IIRC.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also saw you said you're going to Summit. No need to reserve there and there's plenty of power, but just know that if you look at their site, they claim they will let you in at 5. This is unequivocally false if there was/is an event preceding ours (always the case, in my experience) and they WILL NOT let anybody in (us normies, anyway) until the paddock is clear. My experience is that you can expect to get in to summit at about 630 or so, maybe as late as seven. They do have a good staging area though, immediately to the right when you turn on the main drag. If you're signed up on the 29th, pop by the gummy shark tent and say hi. Bikes are 430/786/676/58 rn. You'll be able to hear us well before you see us, but we're normally in the far back corner across from the covered shed.

MainLineCoffee

Just reserved spot 23. Opens at 6pm Friday night and includes camping. Now that I know, I'll camp next time. Glad to be able to drop my bike and trailer off Friday and not parking it in a hotel lot overnight.

jonobrin

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Everybody just keeps charging more and more and then wondering why sports like this are dying. Why are there quantities? Is it per vehicle or per person?

This is why I am and will remain hardcore committed to N2. Elite discounts, crazy packages, credits for mechanicals, vendor/partner discounts and pricing, etc etc.

Ah well. Maybe they'll use the proceeds to put in enough power so that we can ALL get some. Wonder if endurance will be 4 rounds next year. At least we'll all be conditioned to pay $350/day for flatrock by the time it drops. :D

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ha! Probably. Looking now at Mid-Ohio....it looks like a MUCH better facility for handling the off-track stuff related to track life. I heard it was a 3 hour wait to get through the gate @ Pitt for MotoA.

MainLineCoffee

Almost ready, I think. I need to tape the headlight and the brake light. I removed the turn signals, mirrors, and passenger pegs. As a novice, the manual indicated I dont need to wire anything or replace my coolant with water. I just could not find a set of frame sliders that would fit. Other than that, I'm ready for Saturday morning!
Trident660-Race.jpeg

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As a novice, the manual indicated I dont need to wire anything or replace my coolant with water.
This is correct. Not needed until A group. Good looking bike. In the future, you can leave the pass pegs if you want and either zip tie or wire them up. If you DO decide to wire anything for funsies, oil fill/drain/filter are the most important. Great looking bike! Tank grippies will be useful, you can get a generic kit if they don't have one that's bike specific. Have fun, and welcome to our addiction.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Almost ready, I think. I need to tape the headlight and the brake light. I removed the turn signals, mirrors, and passenger pegs. As a novice, the manual indicated I dont need to wire anything or replace my coolant with water. I just could not find a set of frame sliders that would fit. Other than that, I'm ready for Saturday morning!
View attachment 10553
Outstanding!
Don't forget to check your chain slack.
We run a looser chain while on track than most factory spec to ensure our rear suspension isn't restricted when it squats.
I noticed here in your picture you don't have any spools/bobbins on your swingarm for a rear stand.
If you don't have them already, I'd recommend getting some and an inexpensive rear stand. (They also go by 'paddock stand' if you're searching.)

This will help you adjust your chain and do rear wheel maintenance as needed. :like:

MainLineCoffee

Outstanding!
Don't forget to check your chain slack.
We run a looser chain while on track than most factory spec to ensure our rear suspension isn't restricted when it squats.
I noticed here in your picture you don't have any spools/bobbins on your swingarm for a rear stand.
If you don't have them already, I'd recommend getting some and an inexpensive rear stand. (They also go by 'paddock stand' if you're searching.)

This will help you adjust your chain and do rear wheel maintenance as needed. :like:
I'll have to find someone to walk me through that, I have the manual and I know how the tensioner works. I need to grab a torq wrench so I can ensure I am not over or under tightening anything.

I do have the spools installed now and I have a stand. I just need some guidance on how to properly tension the chain if required. I have a full set of mechanics tools in my truck as well as a battery powered impact wrench. I have the tools to do any changes or repairs that might be needed. Is it normal to bring your own gas or will there be a filling station at the track?

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is pretty easy to adjust chain, I'll look for a YouTube video when I get to computer.

You DON'T want to use that impact on anything... everything is aluminum and can be done by hand.

Pitt has fuel, but you'll generally want to bring your own, especially if you have a preference.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Is it normal to bring your own gas or will there be a filling station at the track?
Super normal to bring your own fuel.
Besides being more convenient, it's much cheaper than fuel sold at the track.
An extra 5ga fuel jug will be just fine. When they're full, they work great as something to tie your canopy down with.

If you're a bit extra like I am, you can get a battery operated pump that attaches to the jug like these: https://a.co/d/9SS9xzI

This way I don't have to lift the entire jug. Just place the nozzle into the tank and tap the button. Others may opt for smaller fuel jugs as an alternative.