chambers

Didn't see this forum until I had already posted this message in the Southeast Forum. Sorry about that. Anyway, just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Gene Chambers and I'm in Memphis, TN. I've been riding for a while now. On and off since '02. Currently riding a blue '03 R1. All of my experience has been street riding thus far with my pace really advancing since I started riding with our local MSSR Club. www.mssr.org

Ever since I started riding one of my goals has been to go to a track. The time has finally come around for me and I'll be attending my first track day at Barber on Apr 25 & 26. Since this is my first track day and new to NESBA I am going to take advantage of the 2 free 20 minute sessions on Saturday that NESBA will give you and learn the rules of the road and just try and get my feet wet that first day. Then I'll be doing a paid all day event for Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to work something out that I can ride the rest of the day Saturday. We'll see. Sunday I'll be entering the Intermediate class.

I looked toward my fellow riders that I ride with here, several of them a racers themselves, to get their opinioin on where my skill level fit in on the track. All of them agreed that I will do fine starting out in the Intermediate class, and I feel the same. Wanted to say that for any other Intermediate riders that read this and plan on attending so you won't worry too much about me.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this and can't wait for April to get here. Look forward to meeting some of you there. If all goes well there will be a couple of other riders coming as well. Pretty sure they will be in the advanced class. If you happen to notice bike # 311, that's me.......................

Jonsie#697

Welcome to NESBA......I have cousins in Memphis(millington).....The pace in The B group is very fast..I had been mountain riding here in north Ga for many years, and thought I would be faster than the B group.I was wrong....It took about 10 TD's to get the bump to I.....You may be faster than I was, but don't under estimate the B groupers...Some of those guy's can go ! Having been to Memphis many times, you can expect a 8 hour ride to get to Road Atlanta, but it's worth it..Awsome track..Barber should be a lot easier on you, distance wise..Also a great track..You'll love NESBA..I've been a member since 2003...The CR's and staff are tops, and most of the members are good folks as well...Hope to see you at the track...