New NESBA member in PA

mjkuhno

Hi All,

Joined NESBA this year and I guess it would be 'proper' for me to intro myself. First, my name is Mike and I'm in Allentown, PA. I've been riding for approx 20 years and did my first track session a few years ago at the Schwantz school at Barber. Needless to say after that I was hooked! Bought an '07 Triumph Daytona 675 (#86 - numbered by the previous owner, but keeping it) at the start of last season and hit NJMP 3 times last year (Lighting and Thunderbolt) with TPM (one day with local shop, one day through Revzilla with purchase of suit and third day with Triumph forum) and had a blast.

So, this year 'branching out' and decided to join NESBA as well! Looking forward to a good season - already registered for a session at BeaveRun and VIR (rode a parade lap a few years ago there - can't wait to really hit the track) in addition to some fun at NJMP!

Gorecki

Welcome! Know that *previous owner number* thing, I've got #87 on my bike for the exact same reasons. What ever works right?

Again, welcome! :)

Goblin

Welcome Mike! I am also Mike and live in Allentown! Let me know if you need any help with anything. Maybe we can pair up one of these track days. Hope to see ya around!

Landshark

Control Rider
mjkuhno;182564 wrote: Hi All,

Joined NESBA this year and I guess it would be 'proper' for me to intro myself. First, my name is Mike and I'm in Allentown, PA. I've been riding for approx 20 years and did my first track session a few years ago at the Schwantz school at Barber. Needless to say after that I was hooked! Bought an '07 Triumph Daytona 675 (#86 - numbered by the previous owner, but keeping it) at the start of last season and hit NJMP 3 times last year (Lighting and Thunderbolt) with TPM (one day with local shop, one day through Revzilla with purchase of suit and third day with Triumph forum) and had a blast.

So, this year 'branching out' and decided to join NESBA as well! Looking forward to a good season - already registered for a session at BeaveRun and VIR (rode a parade lap a few years ago there - can't wait to really hit the track) in addition to some fun at NJMP!
I think you bought my neighbors bike.

mjkuhno

Hi Troy,

If your neighbor is Matt, then yes I did. He'd told me he had a friend that was pretty active in track days etc - I guess that must be you?

If/when you talk to Matt, please tell him I say hi and that the bike is doing great! I'd sent him an email in the fall, but didn't hear back.

Landshark;183047 wrote: I think you bought my neighbors bike.

JerryC

Mike, I did the parade laps last year at VIR, I think that helped set it off for me. See there some time!

gemiller

Nice to meet you. I'm down in Pine Grove (fairly close to you) in Schuylkill County. Good to see another Triumph on here. I ride a 955i.

mjkuhno

Hey Jerry,

Doing VIR on June 11th this year. Already signed up and I can't wait!

I'm sure it will be a completely different experience than the parade lap :D

JerryC;183218 wrote: Mike, I did the parade laps last year at VIR, I think that helped set it off for me. See there some time!

mjkuhno

Good to 'meet' you as well.

Yeah, definitely not as many Triumphs around vs. other brands...since we're outnumbered we need to stick together!

Hope to see you out on the track at some point and meet in person.

gemiller;183223 wrote: Nice to meet you. I'm down in Pine Grove (fairly close to you) in Schuylkill County. Good to see another Triumph on here. I ride a 955i.

JerryC

I still waiting for my track bike to be finished,as soon as I get it(2007XB9City) back I'm going to register for a track day at either VIR or Summit Point.