New old guy

dave433

I've been away from the track for about 6 yrs. but the bug has bitten me again.(Used to ride when N2 was Nesba). Told the wife that I've been thinking about getting a new bike and she gave me the go ahead. Anyways looking forward to riding with you guys and gals.

I have one question but not sure if this is the right place. Since it's been about six yrs. since I have been on track,does N2 require you to go back and start in the beginners group or will they honor the group you last rode in? I have no problem starting over just thought I would ask.

Thanks

mpusch

Micah
I'll leave the question to one of the CRs.

Welcome back though! Which track you making your comeback with?

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
It's always best (and let's be honest, more fun) to start in the lowest group, or lower, as you were last in. Track-day stickers don't mean anything outside our world. But the BEST practice is setting up clean, fast passes. And it will get you noticed the fastest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

dave433

Thanks for the replies. I have no problem whatsoever going back to intermediate or even novice.I'm out there to have fun and I don't go out on track to "chase the bump". I always let it come to me. Waste of time in my opinion.

I'm sure I will find out which group I can ride in when I register for an event.

Dave

dave433

Oh and almost forgot. Plan on making my return on Summit main.Just not sure if I want to do it on my new ride (2016 R1M) or wait and purchase another dedicated track ride. Wife would kill me if I tossed the "M". LOL

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
And that is exactly the attitude we are looking for. One day at NC BIKE, we bumped a guy from N to A before lunch. It's all about showing speed and following the rules of the group you're in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome back! I'm sure you will quickly get back in the groove...It's like riding a bike...No Wait. IT IS RIDING A BIKE..:) PS...An R1M? Cool :like: