new rider...

solo6r

im gonna be new to track riding,just been riding street and mtns....can you guys give me any idea's on being on the track and what to expect?:adore::dunno:

Wawazat

Expect to be passed by smaller bikes, and unrelated, expect to have addictive fun!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Mikey75702

Welcome. If you check any ego you may have at the gate, and listen to the control riders feedback/instruction you will have insane fun. Be prepared to either use all your self control, or go broke because this sport is extremely addictive. Again. Welcome to the family.

solo6r

thanks for the feed back fam.....with that new rider orientation on the home page wer it has try b4 u buy thing , how does that work after you register?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! What track(s) are you looking to ride? Also check out the Riders' Manual, there's a ton of good info in there: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

I'm not exactly sure how to sign up for the intro day, which gives you the first two 20 min sessions in the morning for free. I think you have to create an account, and I think you can do that without paying a membership fee. That should give you a way to sign up for an event. If there isn't an option on there to sign up for intro, try emailing info@nesba.com to find out how.

Someone may chime in with how to sign up. I never signed up for an intro day, so not sure how that works as far as how to sign up. I'm sure someone else will post up.

But anyway, what you're looking to do is sign up for "Intro"...that's try before you buy thing...two free sessions in the morning, in the beginner group. Honestly, though, you may as well buy a membership and sign up for a full day. Two sessions will be a tease, LOL. Since you've never ridden on a track before, I recommend signing up in the Beginner group if you choose to do an entire day, instead of the Intro sessions.

solo6r

HondaGalToo;220442 wrote: Welcome! What track(s) are you looking to ride? Also check out the Riders' Manual, there's a ton of good info in there: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

I'm not exactly sure how to sign up for the intro day, which gives you the first two 20 min sessions in the morning for free. I think you have to create an account, and I think you can do that without paying a membership fee. That should give you a way to sign up for an event. If there isn't an option on there to sign up for intro, try emailing info@nesba.com to find out how.

Someone may chime in with how to sign up. I never signed up for an intro day, so not sure how that works as far as how to sign up. I'm sure someone else will post up.

But anyway, what you're looking to do is sign up for "Intro"...that's try before you buy thing...two free sessions in the morning, in the beginner group. Honestly, though, you may as well buy a membership and sign up for a full day. Two sessions will be a tease, LOL. Since you've never ridden on a track before, I recommend signing up in the Beginner group if you choose to do an entire day, instead of the Intro sessions.
thanks for the feedback just kinda wanna try it first to see if this is for me or not.Came out to road atl couple weeks ago to see nesba track days, after staying there for 5hrs kinda thought i might wanna get into this...Forgot who it was by the OHLINS tent but he told me "it take balls to ride mtns,but it take skills to ride the track"...thats wat got to me to try it out might stop riding mtns. and stay track...but yea i've made an account already and dont see anything for intro...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
solo6r;220445 wrote: thanks for the feedback just kinda wanna try it first to see if this is for me or not.Came out to road atl couple weeks ago to see nesba track days, after staying there for 5hrs kinda thought i might wanna get into this...Forgot who it was by the OHLINS tent but he told me "it take balls to ride mtns,but it take skills to ride the track"...thats wat got to me to try it out might stop riding mtns. and stay track...but yea i've made an account already and dont see anything for intro...
Cool, I think you'll like it. You'll definitely learn good skills. Yeah, if you're not seeing an option for "intro", try emailing info@nesba.com to see how to sign up...I'd have thought it would be available as an option, but I'm not sure how it works when initially creating an account...

JRA

All you have to do is sign into your account, click on track dates, click on the event that you want for the intro sessions, click on the page icon that shows next to the event, the next screen that shows will have a drop down menu under skill level. Select Intro and then check out. That's all there is to it. If you encounter any problems contact Bob Ornduf at info@nesba.com and he'll help you out.

Welcome to NESBA, you are going to have a blast!

noobinacan

solo6r;220412 wrote: im gonna be new to track riding,just been riding street and mtns....can you guys give me any idea's on being on the track and what to expect?:adore::dunno:
since you've been doing mtn/twisties, I'd strongly suggest give the track riding thing a full day. (even two)
You're preparing, driving to the track...and putting effort to do this, might as well do it the correct way.
then you get to experience the whole day's experience.

Also, morning sessions in Novice group are great, but after three morning sessions you're just warming up and real fun begins in the afternoon. The lunch break will give you time to reflect on the morning sessions.

welcome and g'luck

solo6r

JRA;220534 wrote: All you have to do is sign into your account, click on track dates, click on the event that you want for the intro sessions, click on the page icon that shows next to the event, the next screen that shows will have a drop down menu under skill level. Select Intro and then check out. That's all there is to it. If you encounter any problems contact Bob Ornduf at info@nesba.com and he'll help you out.

Welcome to NESBA, you are going to have a blast!
thanks will do

solo6r

noobinacan;220558 wrote: since you've been doing mtn/twisties, I'd strongly suggest give the track riding thing a full day. (even two)
You're preparing, driving to the track...and putting effort to do this, might as well do it the correct way.
then you get to experience the whole day's experience.

Also, morning sessions in Novice group are great, but after three morning sessions you're just warming up and real fun begins in the afternoon. The lunch break will give you time to reflect on the morning sessions.

welcome and g'luck
:agree:

solo6r

if i read it rite it says if i get a spot in intro and later i decide its for me i can just pay the membership fee and a standard track fee to ride all day?

WHICH TRACK DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?

noobinacan

solo6r;220563 wrote: if i read it rite it says if i get a spot in intro and later i decide its for me i can just pay the membership fee and a standard track fee to ride all day?

WHICH TRACK DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?
If the day is sold out and packed full. you won't get into 'B' group.
so I'd suggest signup for B group. rear the riders manual, prep the bike, tape lights. get psych'd haha

Barber on 11/12- 13 are all that's left for the 2011 season. Its a awesome track and a lot of fun.
get there Friday evening to setup the pits.

solo6r

noobinacan;220565 wrote: If the day is sold out and packed full. you won't get into 'B' group.
so I'd suggest signup for B group. rear the riders manual, prep the bike, tape lights. get psych'd haha

Barber on 11/12- 13 are all that's left for the 2011 season. Its a awesome track and a lot of fun.
get there Friday evening to setup the pits.
koo thanks