New To N2 From PA

Lhazelwoodjr

Hello everyone my name is Larry and I'm from lancaster PA. Im new to N2, and also new to all of this track day and sport bike racing discipline. I come from Car building and racing, and my plan next spring and summer was to build another car and race it. But long story short here I am full heartedly looking to get into a couple track days and then onto the N2 racing school. All at a respectable learning pace of course. And I know I have a lot to learning to do. Im not completely clueless tho, I had a passion for motorcycles at one point and have worked at cycle shops in the past and have been on and owned some bikes. So there is some hope .... I hope. Jokes aside I understand the severity of having safe track days and a good racing environment. I'm confident in my ability to learn and to make good decisions. I started asking around about all of this on IG and Facebook and was pointed to a number of groups and ended up jumping on this here N2. I hope to meet with and learn from you guys. Everyone Ive talked too so far has been super nice and informative. So thank you guys for taking the time to read my rambling. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Again I hope to meet and ride with you awesome N2 folk.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome. N2 is a great choice. Do you have a bike and gear? Lots of good stuff will be available this time of year. Ask for help if you want it, lots of experience here.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Manheim so real close. Lots of good info here, so if you don't see what you need, ask

tdelegram

Control Rider
Larry,

Welcome aboard, as Jack and Dave said, there's a wealth of knowledge here. If you need anything online or at the track feel free to stop and ask or just say hello. You'll find me under the KTM canopy with a couple of ktm's parked with me.

Tom

Lhazelwoodjr

Welcome. N2 is a great choice. Do you have a bike and gear? Lots of good stuff will be available this time of year. Ask for help if you want it, lots of experience here.

Thank you! I'm happy to be here. I plan on picking up an R6 after Christmas. I would skip out on the kids presents and get one now but then I don't think I would qualify for dad of the year. And I'm still reading up on suits. But I will definitely be looking around and asking. Thank you again for the welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lhazelwoodjr

tdelegram

Thank you Tom. I will definitely stop buy at the track and say hi. The more I'm around and learning from you guys the better. I appreciate it.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Stop by here and the WERA website. You may find what you want and be able to put a deposit on it for later pickup.

Lhazelwoodjr

Welcome, Larry! Lots of good advice above on getting gear and a bike sorted out over the winter so you can join us next spring!
Check out the riders manual if you haven't already, it has good info- http://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/N2-Riders-Manual-Ver.-2.0.1.pdf

You've picked a great group to ride with, everyone is really friendly and helpful. Keep askin' away, and come springtime, post up what day(s) you'll be attending!

Thank you for the welcome yes this group seems pretty awesome! And thank you for the riders manual link! I will definitely be printing it out and reading it over after work today.

Whash

Control Rider
Welcome to the addiction Larry,I also live in Lancaster. That Dave guy (Dave561) and I get together quite a bit so if your looking for any info of sorts just give us a yell. Like everyone else here said there is a lot of knowledge on here and plenty of experience on racing/trackdays. N2 is top in the clubs,in my book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdelegram

Control Rider
"That Dave Guy", I like that, it could stick.

Who stuffed me in 1? That Dave guy.
Who flipped me off on the straight? That Dave guy.
Who used to complain about not enough horse power? That Dave guy.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Don't worry Dave. At least some of us around here will probably still like you even though you've moved to the R1.