New to N2

ecolyer325

Hey all

I'm new to N2 but not new to track days. Looking forward to riding with a new group of people and at a new to me track, pittrace!

Thank you
Eric

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

CBRtist

Warm Welcome... and echoing what Judy said re: Pitt!

Report back on the fun and your experience :)

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Eric. PittRace is an awesome track. Be ready to have lots of fun on it. N2 has a few rules that might be a bit different than you’re used to but it is all explained in the riders meeting. Bring all your gear to tech as well. We like to make sure everything is safe......including gear. See you at Pitt

ecolyer325

Eric. PittRace is an awesome track. Be ready to have lots of fun on it. N2 has a few rules that might be a bit different than you’re used to but it is all explained in the riders meeting. Bring all your gear to tech as well. We like to make sure everything is safe......including gear. See you at Pitt
When you say bring all your gear, do you mean suit, helmet, gloves, boots and back protector?

Just want to make sure I'm doing everything right to make for a smooth tech.

ecolyer325

Thanks everyone. Just one other question, do most people wear their gear or just bring it over in a duffle or something?

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Eric,

It's up to you. When you show up at Tech & Registration, you just need to have your bike, your helmet, leathers, gloves, and boots - along with your ID. Most probably wear their leathers or carry them and wear their helmet, boots and gloves. Back protector recommended but not required. You are in the Novice group so no safety wire, etc required. Just check over your bike - nothing too complicated.

ecolyer325

Eric,

It's up to you. When you show up at Tech & Registration, you just need to have your bike, your helmet, leathers, gloves, and boots - along with your ID. Most probably wear their leathers or carry them and wear their helmet, boots and gloves. Back protector recommended but not required. You are in the Novice group so no safety wire, etc required. Just check over your bike - nothing too complicated.
Thanks. My bike is already safety wired. I know I'm new to N2 and you have me in Novice, but I'm not new to track riding. What is the process to get bumped? I'm not sure how N2 runs and if there is a set process I'm not one to question it just asking so I can ride with faster people.

Thanks
Eric

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
No problem, Eric. Bumps to the next group result from evaluations by a control rider. In general, it's not common to see evals for bumps during the first session of the day. After that, line up toward the front of the middle grid row when your session starts and you can ask a CR if they can take a look at you. If you're new to both N2 and PittRace, I'd encourage you to do a couple things. First, take a quick look through the manual (https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/N2-Riders-Manual-2018.pdf) - and maybe spend a couple sessions getting comfortable on the track. A faster pace is certainly part of the evaluation, but we value predictable and good lines, good decision making and judgement, smooth riding and good body position to reduce unnecessary lean angle as well. Often the folks really ready for the bump to the next group aren't asking for an eval - we find them ourselves out on the track.

ecolyer325

No problem, Eric. Bumps to the next group result from evaluations by a control rider. In general, it's not common to see evals for bumps during the first session of the day. After that, line up toward the front of the middle grid row when your session starts and you can ask a CR if they can take a look at you. If you're new to both N2 and PittRace, I'd encourage you to do a couple things. First, take a quick look through the manual (https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/N2-Riders-Manual-2018.pdf) - and maybe spend a couple sessions getting comfortable on the track. A faster pace is certainly part of the evaluation, but we value predictable and good lines, good decision making and judgement, smooth riding and good body position to reduce unnecessary lean angle as well. Often the folks really ready for the bump to the next group aren't asking for an eval - we find them ourselves out on the track.
Thank you. That was my plan to learn the track. I just wasn't sure how things run and just want to be ready and know what is going on. I've had a bad experience with not knowing how things operate with other organizations, so I figured I would ask before learning the hard way again.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Eric,

Don’t get frustrated with the bump process, I ridden with many orgs and n2 tends to ha e much faster N and I groups than most other orgs. I have no doubt you be in I Saturday afternoon. I will say that when the entire weekend is sold out you really need to be operating at the next level to get your bump.