New to NC Bike

breezie

please post up and any and all info or useful tips for a track day at nc bike this sat. look forward to meeting some of you guys

pefrey

From what I've heard, the paddock is not paved. Something about bringing plywood to park on if you don't want to park on the paddock road.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
When you go into NCBIKE, the paddock will be over on your left. The paddock is huge, but it's all gravel. There are a couple of spots on the building across the road (Right before the paddock) that are paved, but I wouldn't even bother trying to go there. Staff from N2 will more than likely be there. Not to mention, they set up there to do registration/tech. And it's a bit of a drive from pit in/out so you have to plan accordingly if you're one of those that wait to the last minute to head out on track.

There is an access road where most people like to set up. If you're early and lucky, you can grab one of the spots (In the paddock, right next to the access road), park your truck/trailer there, and set up on pit road. There is a big ass ditch between the two, easy to walk, but not something you can ride your bike in. Then, run your extension cord from the power box, across the ditch, to where you have your EZ-up and pit set up. The road is fairly long, and a lot of people can pit on the road, but it's one of those first come/first serve basis.

You'll more than likely use the porta johns to do your business...so bring lots of baby wipes. I would also bring some plywood so you can use bike stands. There is a Lowe's just a couple exits down from the exit of NCBIKE where you can buy a sheet of plywood for like 6 bucks. Electric is expensive, try to find someone to split the cost with. Track surface is smooth and full of traction, but it'll eat your tires at about the same rate as CMP - fast. BRING LOTS OF EXTENSION CORDS!