New to NESBA and the track Chester County Pa

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
betarace;182297 wrote: I used to be active on ducati.ms until the 1098 and 848 came out and they board was infested with style squids ("should I get gold anodized brake levers or go with red ones" was a popular discussion)
Now, that's a very important question, LOL.

I used to be on there, too, but then I sold all my Ducatis :(. I still miss the '95 900 SS SP. Damn.

Johnny, let us know when you plan on riding NJMP, many of us will probably be there and any of us will point you in the right direction!

Mikey75702

HondaGalToo;182327 wrote: Now, that's a very important question, LOL.

ROFL

Johnny, let us know when you plan on riding NJMP, many of us will probably be there and any of us will point you in the right direction!
:agree:

Come look us up. But even if you don't, find a cr or staff member and introduce yourself. It's almost amazing how cool most of these guys are..... except that pontrelli guy :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
johnnysunami;182329 wrote: Wow thanks again guys and gals...I definitely will look yous up prior...Thanks again
Awesome, again, let us know when you'll be there. Lots of cool peeps at nesba. And that pontrelli guy is really cool, too, despite what Mikey says. :haha:

Mikey75702

HondaGalToo;182331 wrote: Awesome, again, let us know when you'll be there. Lots of cool peeps at nesba. And that pontrelli guy is really cool, too, despite what Mikey says. :haha:
Yeah, pontrelli is pretty cool.... just watch out for that jiggy guy, he is cool, but he likes giving out nicknames like "Mikey Meatball" :D

ct1200

johnnysunami;182295 wrote: Wow lol! I must say, this is a lively bunch! Great to see that each of you have an opinion and not afraid to share them with others!

I wasn't really expecting for this welcome to exceed a single page, but from what I can read, all of you (HondaGal, Hitman, ct1200, Arhale, Beta, Bubba, Mikey, Jcurtis, Lemondrop, Dave, Vinny and anyone else I may have missed) have the personality that Im accustomed with on other brand specific forums...So i'd like to thank each of you for your welcome and suggestions and hopefully some day we'll meet up in person on the track...

Had a question for ct1200, just wondering how you like your Firebolt on the track and if you have any other track bikes? I'm a big big fan of Buell's and have had several in my time, XB9sx, 1125R and 1125CR...I always wanted to track the 1125R but never got around to it...I imagine the Firebolt would be quite amazing on the track since it's low end capabilities of that 1200 v-twin...I personaliy cant wait to test and very well possibly purchase the EBR 1190RS...simply awesome.

Hey Beta, a few of my west coast friends have and track the 999S...Is your bike strictly track? Do you follow any of the Duc forums?

But any ways, to answer a lot of the same questions...Yes I am prepared for the worst, should that day come. I've ridden CBR's, ZX10's and R1's...Each bike has there strong points as well as their weakness...But I must say, i fell in love with the R1 back in 09, she was a sweet one.

But to shelter a machine from its true abilities is like "dating Bo Dereck and just holding hands" lol...Youre showing your age man! (funny as it may seem, i know exactly what youre saying man!)...

I'm really glad to have gotten to know each of you and really hope I meet up with ya's some day! Thanks for the welcome!
The low end is awesome and it handles great, the top end not so much, so I strugle in the long straights.
But Im always right behind someone in the turns.
But no passing in the turns for B Grp.
Ive only done 2 days so far so Im still pretty green.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Welcome to the club. I too run a VTwin on the track. It's cool to be different right? I actually started on a Buell XB9R and loved it. I used that bike through B group and into I group. I used it for street and track. I couldn't stand the thought of her sliding down the track so I switched up to an SV. Still same VTwin fun but not as expensive to fix when I threw her down the track (she forgives me each and every time).

As far as the 1098 on the track, you'll do fine as long as you take it easy your first time out. There are many differences from street to track and if you go out there trying to prove to the world that you're the next Rossi, the track has a way of giving you a smackdown of reality.

Everyone I've ever met at a NESBA event has been more than helpful in giving out advice or lending a hand when needed. Listen to the coaching you get. Try to apply that coaching each time you go out. If you're like most of us, you may have thought you've been riding for years, but once you roll out on your first session you'll feel like you've always had on training wheels up until now.

Skip Pocono. Do NJMP (Both tracks are killer). Try Summit (not far from you). And treat yourself to Beaver (BeaveRun that is in Pittsburgh). If we're lucky, next year we can play on Liberty Bell just up the street from you.

Enjoy yourself and if you need anything just ask.

johnnysunami

ct1200;182358 wrote: The low end is awesome and it handles great, the top end not so much, so I strugle in the long straights.
But Im always right behind someone in the turns.
But no passing in the turns for B Grp.
Ive only done 2 days so far so Im still pretty green.
Hey Ct, where you from?

JerryC;182362 wrote: I'll be running a Buell V-twin, it's not the fastest but it is a lot of fun!
Jerry, which Buell you running? XB/1125R? Ulysis? Blast?

Slitherin;182411 wrote:
Welcome to the club. I too run a VTwin on the track. It's cool to be different right? I actually started on a Buell XB9R and loved it. I used that bike through B group and into I group. I used it for street and track. I couldn't stand the thought of her sliding down the track so I switched up to an SV. Still same VTwin fun but not as expensive to fix when I threw her down the track (she forgives me each and every time).

As far as the 1098 on the track, you'll do fine as long as you take it easy your first time out. There are many differences from street to track and if you go out there trying to prove to the world that you're the next Rossi, the track has a way of giving you a smackdown of reality.

Everyone I've ever met at a NESBA event has been more than helpful in giving out advice or lending a hand when needed. Listen to the coaching you get. Try to apply that coaching each time you go out. If you're like most of us, you may have thought you've been riding for years, but once you roll out on your first session you'll feel like you've always had on training wheels up until now.

Skip Pocono. Do NJMP (Both tracks are killer). Try Summit (not far from you). And treat yourself to Beaver (BeaveRun that is in Pittsburgh). If we're lucky, next year we can play on Liberty Bell just up the street from you.

Enjoy yourself and if you need anything just ask.
Hey Slitherin thanks for the advice...I've never been the type to show off regardless of my skill set...I've always believed that no matter how good we are at something, there's always someone better or something to learn...

Thanks again fella's!

JerryC

Johnny, I'll be running my 2007 XB9CityX, I totaled it when a car turned left in front of me. I bought it back from the ins co and Richmond Super Bike is in the process of making a track bike out of her.

johnnysunami

CT....ahhh makes sense...I've got a home up north in NH...drive trough Ct at least every 3-4 months...absolutely awesome up around there. I kinda envey ya, but I don't envey the fact spring is usually a month behind...

Jerry my man! I miss my xb9...very well balanced bike, lots of low end torque...I never had the opportunity to really open her up sure would have been nice!

Wow I'm really impressed with all the different personalities and tastes within this group...I wish I could meet up with all of ya's and have a beer with ya! Who knows I'm sure our roads will cross one day...