New to NESBA from NY

maxpr1

I just signed up with NESBA at the Bike show and wanted to say Hi to everyone. Looking forward to meeting many you this spring at NJMP.
I got the bug last season and quickly discovered what an addicitve and satisfying sport this is. I have been riding on the street for twenty years and I can't believe I waited this long to do this! :banghead:

jtsgsxr6

maxpr1;106167 wrote: I just signed up with NESBA at the Bike show and wanted to say Hi to everyone. Looking forward to meeting many you this spring at NJMP.
I got the bug last season and quickly discovered what an addicitve and satisfying sport this is. I have been riding on the street for twenty years and I can't believe I waited this long to do this! :banghead:
Welcome. Only 2 months till first nj weekend.

beac83

Welcome. Don't feel too bad about waiting 20. I waited 35 and am having a blast on the track. Welcome to the "most fun you can have with clothes on"!

maxpr1

Thanks for the welcome. Is it me or is it hard to think about anything else? It seems as though I can't get the thought of being back on the track out of my head!!!:p
BTW can anyone just clear up a thing for me about the bike's' need to be numbered? What does that entail eaxctly? I've seen guys running yellow and white number plates at different track days I've attended but 'm not sure if this is what is being required by NESBA
Any pointers would be welcome! I

JRA

Maxpr1, welcome to NESBA. I've been doing this for a long time now and I can't think about anything else so what you are experiencing is completely normal. :D

This is a great organization and I'm sure you will find that out as you become active with us. The numbers are required so we can identify your bike on the track. White or yellow number plates are a racing deal and aren't required for NESBA track days. The only requirements are that they be applied to the front and/or both sides of tail about 6" tall. They must be visible to the corner workers on the track, so for instance if your bike is black you would probably install white numbers, or black numbers over a white or yellow background. Some people just use tape to form the numbers and that is acceptable as long as they stay on and are readable as your bike number. Again, the main requirement is that they can be seen while you are on track.

There is a wealth of information in the riders manual and it should answer just about every question you might have.

http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

maxpr1

Hey, can I get the control riders to chime in with some opinions? As I stated above, I have been riding on the street for quite some time, and I've been humbled by how much I have yet to learn. So the question is, what are the control riders looking for, in order to advance individuals to their next level? Is it form, speed? Is it technical prowess? Is it looks, connections? Is it bribes or a conveniantly placed twelve pack of fine imported brew?

All joking aside, I would appreciate some feedback. I do not intend to put the cart before the proverbial horse, nor am I out to impress anyone, I sincerely just want to improve my abilities on the track,

sorry for the long winded post:D

STEAKUM

Welcome! Now that you are hooked...................you're gonna have a great time and wish you had done it a long time ago!
See ya out there ;)