New to NESBA (Pocono's, PA)

nafterclifen

I joined NESBA this year so I can ride BeaveRun and hopefully VIR. They also have lots of days at NJMP which is good too. I've ridden primarily with STT and a few days with TPM, both in the Advanced groups. For those of who've ridden with NESBA and any of the other groups (i.e. TPM, STT, etc), how does NESBA compare? I run a mid-lead pack in Advanced and since I don't have a racing license, I'm assuming I'd have to start in Intermediate. What does it take to get bumped? A friend of a friend told me that he had to work with a coach all day to get bumped, and he was a A+ solid rider.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
It varies, but overall NESBA's intermediate group is more on par with the majority of participants in other groups' advanced groups, at least from what I've seen and heard. I'm sure there's some advanced riders in other orgs that are as fast as NESBA's advanced group, I'm just speaking overall.

Yes, you have to start in beginner or intermediate, your choice. The only way you can start in advanced is if you hold a valid expert race license. The Control Riders pay attention; if you are really standing out in the intermediate group, getting bumped won't be a problem. Also, when gridding up, there are three lines. The left is control riders, the middle is the fast intermediate riders, the right is the slower intermediate riders. Where you line up is totally up to you. If you're looking to get a bump, be the first person in the middle lane, that way you go out first, right behind a CR.