New to the Track and NESBA, but Hooked!

erichmond

Hi All,

My name is Ed, and although I've been riding motorcycles of one sort or another since 1977, just discovered the track this summer. Took Levels 1 and 2 of California Superbike School at NJMP Thunderbolt - learned alot and can't wait to learn more! After riding only Harleys since 2001, bought my first sportbike since the late '90's this summer, a ZX-6R. I can't believe I've waited this long in my riding life to try the track, although I can't really recall being even aware of track days back in my earlier sportbike years in the mid-'80's through late '90's. I enjoy anything on two wheels - bicycle road and velodrome racing, dirt bikes, relaxed cruises on my Hog with my wife, etc, but my experiences at CSS have opened up a whole new world to me.

Anyhoo, just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to getting out on the track to continue a new education in riding skills.

Cheers,
Ed Richmond

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Ed! You wouldn't have heard about trackdays in the 80s...they didn't exist then. They started on the East Coast in 1992 by a now-defunct group called Reduc Sportbike Association, at Pocono Raceway. The others, including NESBA, followed shortly thereafter.

I wish they started sooner than that, then I could've started trackdays at a younger age, LOL!

Come on down to NJMP on Sept 18th & 19th! :D

erichmond

Thanks for the words of welcome, everyone! Not sure when I'll get to do my first NESBA track day, hopefully this season yet, if my work schedule permits and I can either A) find a beginner-friendly, reasonably-priced track bike, or B) find it in me to track-ify my brand spankin' new ZX-6R! Hope to meet some of you soon at the track! -- Ed

Gorecki

erichmond;151611 wrote: Thanks for the words of welcome, everyone! Not sure when I'll get to do my first NESBA track day, hopefully this season yet, if my work schedule permits and I can either A) find a beginner-friendly, reasonably-priced track bike, or B) find it in me to track-ify my brand spankin' new ZX-6R! Hope to meet some of you soon at the track! -- Ed
Welcome Ed! I couldn't bare the idea of possibly trashing my shiny ZX-6R so I bought an (and been working on ever since) older tracker ZX-6R. So have fun with dat! :D

dbakerpa

Welcome Ed. I am in the same boat. I wish I knew this culture existed 20 years ago. I will be doing it until I cant now.

jfeagin

Hey Ed, welcome to the group! Got myself a new '09 ZX-6R this summer, too. It's already got 200 track miles on it.

Don't worry about your new bike. Just throw some tape on the lights and keep both wheels on the asphalt! :D

erichmond

Hello again, everyone - well, I'm finally getting my newly-trackified ZX6R back from the shop this Friday and am planning to do my first NESBA track day at NJMP Lightning this Sunday 5/15. I'm looking forward to an exciting and educational day and to meeting many of you. I'll be towing my Kawi green bike (#522) with my green Honda Element - I'll be the guy with that lost, gaping look as I wander in and try to figure out where to go and what to do. Any advice you have for a first-timer is certainly appreciated! Cheers, Ed

Mikey75702

Introduce yourself to your pit neighbor and tell them you are new... ask them to help with where to register/tech, etc... 99.999% chance they will happily help.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
erichmond;188058 wrote: Hello again, everyone - well, I'm finally getting my newly-trackified ZX6R back from the shop this Friday and am planning to do my first NESBA track day at NJMP Lightning this Sunday 5/15. I'm looking forward to an exciting and educational day and to meeting many of you. I'll be towing my Kawi green bike (#522) with my green Honda Element - I'll be the guy with that lost, gaping look as I wander in and try to figure out where to go and what to do. Any advice you have for a first-timer is certainly appreciated! Cheers, Ed
Awesome! I'm planning on being there on Sunday and would be happy to point you in the right direction. Look for the bike in my avatar...black with red flames gsxr 600, #75.

Check out the Riders' Manual if you haven't already: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf

Mikey75702

chriscanali;188061 wrote: Fantastic, we'll take good care of ya.
HondaGalToo;188063 wrote:
Awesome! I'm planning on being there on Sunday and would be happy to point you in the right direction. Look for the bike in my avatar...black with red flames gsxr 600, #75.

Check out the Riders' Manual if you haven't already: http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf
Chris is a great guy.... I'm sure he will get you straight
Even though I have never met her, i am positive Judy is awesome too..
I doubt you'll need help from anyone else with those two around.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mikey75702;188064 wrote: Even though I have never met her, i am positive Judy is awesome too..
I doubt you'll need help from anyone else with those two around.
Well, thanks, hopefully I'll meet ya sometime soon! :D

Mikey75702

HondaGalToo;188072 wrote: Well, thanks, hopefully I'll meet ya sometime soon! :D
No prob... maybe one of these days.... I got to meet kimmie, troy and radar magnet this weekend so hopefully I can put a name to a face soon enough.