New to the track scene

Buellguy1125

I Like Weiners
Control Rider
Hi guys I'm Allan
Signed up for 6/3 at Pitt first track day
I have about everything lined up looking at new helmets kinda looking towards shoei gt air but it's only DOT approved is this alright or should I make sure it's Snell as well manual says any of the 3
I will apologize ahead of time my 1125 exhaust is a bit loud I am looking into other options though look forward to learning something
Thanks

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Welcome. Any new helmet meeting any of the standards in the manual will be fine. The most important thing is to make sure it's the right size - not too loose! Beyond that, depending on how much time you plan to spend on the track going forward, there are differences in the field of vision is the more "race" oriented helmets are shaped such that you have better visibility while you're in a bent over riding position. Look forward to seeing you at the track on the 3rd!

Buellguy1125

I Like Weiners
Control Rider
Quick question as it's due anyways for a flush I know manual says no engine ice or regular coolant but water wetter is aloud just want to double check before I put it in I'd like to have something to keep it a bit cooler as it runs hot as is

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Quick question as it's due anyways for a flush I know manual says no engine ice or regular coolant but water wetter is aloud just want to double check before I put it in I'd like to have something to keep it a bit cooler as it runs hot as is

You only need to worry about non glycol coolant in the advanced group.

Take a look at the manual. It’ll help answer a bunch of questions.