new to this game

scott1050

I am a new track rider and got my leathers in, is there a secret on making it easer to put on and take off the leathers? I know a dumb question.

NoBull

Wear something with long sleeves and legs. Skin doesn't slide real well to get out of the leathers.

noupf

1) As NoBull said...Wear a base layer. People seem to like under armor "heat gear" ( for when its hot and you get sweaty )...use under armor "cold gear" as a base layer when its colder out. Using the base layer will help you slide in and out of the suit easier. Make sure you use long sleeve versions of the products mentioned above. They also make leggings too.

2) Legs first....

3) Then insert one arm, then dip the shoulder of said arm and get your should into the suit.........

4) Stand up slightly and slide other arm in......then get your shoulder in................

5) Stand up, adjust final position ( I usually have to fix the collar on the back of my neck a little...........................

6) Zip up and go

ronhix

Once you get it on, sleep in it. Helps with the initial break in.

After you get caught out in the rain in it and it dries on you, it will be like a second skin.

jfeagin

One guy I know wears his suit a bathtub full of hot water. Not my preferred method. Just wear it around the house as much as you can, take some rides if you have time. Then, what Noupf said. Under Armour is good stuff underneath, but there are a bunch of options. Fieldsheer makes a one-piece base layer suit. Just make sure it fits tight and is slippery.

eE jeremy

The real trick is getting it on when it has a back protector that clips in (a* back protector used with a a* suit). I always have to have my gf help me in or else risk looking like i complete retard trying to suit up.

Lombardo Joe

If you have a 2 piece zip-job, I like to put the pants on, put the jacket on (unzipped) and then zip the jacked to the pants. If you bend in the direction that the zipper is at, it goes on very easily. Like jfeagin said, ride with it if you can. I like to take a nice day off and go for a long ride (gel seat helps, too. Otherwise they boys won't be too happy). I don't know about the bathtub thing... But I guess that could work.

Trent1098S

It'll get easier. For awhile, you'll be doing the "paddock monkey dance."

A* with snap in back protector IS a pain to get lined up sometimes. And my suit is not perforated.. hotter than a sonofabitch. Been thinking of sending it off to get punched but gotta wait until the midsummer schedule gap.

noobinacan

If your leathers are new...ya gotta break em in.
and keep in mind they're not for walking/ standing in and will feel uncomfortable...standing/walking/sleeping..etc

Gorecki

jfeagin;130302 wrote: One guy I know wears his suit a bathtub full of hot water. Not my preferred method.
I've done that a dozen times with soccer boots, makes complete sense! Would think a full set of leathers could give an aweful rash! :wow: