New track in Berks, PA?!?!??

beac83

Looks interesting. If they just got approval to start construction, it may be 2011 or 2012 before it's open. Look at what's happened to the Bluegrass construction schedule.

HECK3086

Dudes that's like 10 mins away from me. Looks like they are designing them to run counter clockwise...

avizpls

#11-A
Nice map....lets see if more than one of the tracks gets built though. sorry for the pecimism, but we've seen it before. BeaveRun is a good example for that. I keep looking for the legendary "south course"

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Yeah, but then there's NJMP. Nothing wrong with a little optimism, especially when the track builders seem to be working hard to get it done.

Bring it on, i'm 45min away!

Dave561

Control Rider
I live in PA and I'm further away than you?? You suck

Still hope it gets built. Would love to have more local tracks to chose from.

Nesba

we have been watching this for years....the one good thing is Lou has the cash to build it so as soon as it gets finally approval he will bust his ass to get it done.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
slow_honda;82792 wrote: I live in PA and I'm further away than you?? You suck

Still hope it gets built. Would love to have more local tracks to chose from.
Stop complaining. Are you coming out to Summit this weekend?

rk97

hot. i hope it happens.

is it just me, or does the "freedom" course look a lot like BeaveRun with a more dramatic turn 9?

rk97

somebody near by go to teh 'open house' on the 19th and report back :)

the comments on their july 25th article link are pretty funny. the 'RVs and junk' poster must be familiar with Nelson Ledges :p

IF this is a holding on an appeal, the track really may be breaking ground soon. If it's a reversal, there are still more appeals that can be made.

Hambone

I read the story and I am a bit confused. Did they get the ok to build the track or was that overturned? That is a nice area and not too far (4 hours) from me (BeaveRun, Summit 8.5 hours--NJMP 5.5 hours).