New Track Record at BHF. Just when you thought you were getting close....

Cyclepath

Damn, I knew Garth was a good teacher, I should have listened more when he and Jason were talking :D

1:07.603 Jason Farrell - 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R - Pirelli Superbike Slicks

Smashed the past record by almost a second.... Congrats to Jason

j_fuggin_t

thats haulin for sure, it was def cool to watch as well, i've never seen a bike slide through turn 2 that didn't crash, but i saw it with my own eyes.. I thought i was doing good just keeping WOT through there LOL i believe his entire race was a 1:07's except maybe the start lap. Now.. if i can just figure a way to get 1.4 seconds a corner we'll be good & i'll tie jason's record LOL

Hitman954

Congradulations that is fricken amazing. Wish I coulda seen it, must have been somethin else. I was just wonderin the other day what the record was, guess now I know.

steve p

Just when I was starting to feel good about my riding too. I was closing in on it and now he just set me back again. Congrats, it was fun to watch.

Germany

sobottka;208655 wrote: jason who??? :dunno: ...never heard of him :D
That would be the guy that waved at you to follow him after T1. in one of the later races.... :D
All you guys were flying this weekend...

jigs

steve p;208654 wrote: Just when I was starting to feel good about my riding too. I was closing in on it and now he just set me back again. Congrats, it was fun to watch.
Yup...running consistant 12's and you're slow,even 11's...slow now....the humanity!! I won't even look at mine (times) anymore...go ride,have fun,sit and have a Beer when it's done and that's that....

gkotlin

I was feeling like a superstar running a 17 on an old tired SV. They just keep getting faster! When will it end!

NickMcCoy

I watched at least half of his races and I saw him waving his arms at people at least ten times. He was waving at Olson and Hall to follow him after he passed them in T1, at slow amateurs as he passed them or on cool down laps (I'm assuming because he was annoyed by how slow they were), and a few times at no one in particular going into T1 behind other riders as he was tipping in. I've watched him ride a bunch of times and never seen anything like that before, it was pretty funny. Either way, that was awesome to watch him go that fast on Sunday, I wish Jensen was still around to try to take it back.

jigs

clandestiny;208695 wrote: Never thought youd consider an 11 slow did you?
Well,I say that in gest,all things being relative,there's another level where Jason would be slow...ugh! Fact is we're all pretty gosh darn good motorcycle riders....I thought that Fillmore the HMC KTM AMA rider went there for the first time for a photo shoot a month or so ago and got into the 9's the first day there,not to discount Jason's record...that's un-real for sure...

j_fuggin_t

I've always wondered what would happen if a guy like Spies, Hayden etc.. came to blackhawk, i really do wonder, Jason is clearly the front runner for us locals, with Ortega, Ricardo and a few other being close, either way ALL of it is fun to watch and to watch a guy turn 7's at a local track that most can barely touch 11's is amazing

jigs

j_fuggin_t;208811 wrote: I've always wondered what would happen if a guy like Spies, Hayden etc.. came to blackhawk, i really do wonder, Jason is clearly the front runner for us locals, with Ortega, Ricardo and a few other being close, either way ALL of it is fun to watch and to watch a guy turn 7's at a local track that most can barely touch 11's is amazing
Yeah for sure,let's not forget about Hall,bunch of nines AND,congrats to team Chouffes Mike Garner who did a 108 and some change...:wow:

j_fuggin_t

jigs;208812 wrote: Yeah for sure,let's not forget about Hall,bunch of nines AND,congrats to team Chouffes Mike Garner who did a 108 and some change...:wow:
they would all be the "aliens" LOL its still awesome to watch, granted i don't think i'll ever get to that level, but i also thought i'd never hit a :16 :D. what i find most impressive about ALL of the guys mentioned in this thread and the other one pertaining to personal bests, is that ALL of them are more than willing to help a guy like myself get faster, Jason, Ricardo, rob, yourself none of you have to help out the guys out there that aren't at that pace, but everyone willingly helps out, thats what i find cool

jigs

j_fuggin_t;208815 wrote: they would all be the "aliens" LOL its still awesome to watch, granted i don't think i'll ever get to that level, but i also thought i'd never hit a :16 :D. what i find most impressive about ALL of the guys mentioned in this thread and the other one pertaining to personal bests, is that ALL of them are more than willing to help a guy like myself get faster, Jason, Ricardo, rob, yourself none of you have to help out the guys out there that aren't at that pace, but everyone willingly helps out, thats what i find cool
This is the difference between bike racers and car racers,in my findings at least.Even the staff at the tracks have mentioned that alot...they see the difference as well....nothing against car racers...we're just cooler all the way around....:D

j_fuggin_t

jigs;208817 wrote: This is the difference between bike racers and car racers,in my findings at least.Even the staff at the tracks have mentioned that alot...they see the difference as well....nothing against car racers...we're just cooler all the way around....:D
and the chicks!! they dig bikes waaaaaaay more!! :D