New track rider in WI

Slowninja

I'm Nick from Milwaukee, WI. I have been riding sport bikes for about 9 years now. I just sold my 99 R6 and picked up a 99 zx-6r track bike with the following mods:

Dynoed at 96 hp and 45 lb/ft, stock motor valve adjust at 7,000 miles, Factory jet kit, (2 sets) polished wheels, (2 sets) of Bridgestone slicks , GPR steering stabilizer, braided steel brake lines frame and swingarm sliders, Penske rear shock (Recharged in Oct), Race tech gold valves and springs, Full Hindle stainless exhaust system, long primary w/ race 2.25" core Armor Body bodywork, CFM Motorsports rearsets, 520 conversion rear hugger

It has a clear title so i am going to ride it on the street a bit but can't wait to get on the track. I have a bunch of weddings to go to but i hope to get out there at the end of aug. or september. I can't wait!

beac83

Welcome!

Come and join us at Blackhawk the last weekend of August. Saturday night will feature a get-together if it's like past years.

Slowninja

Sweet, I'll have to check into that. I'm always down for a good "get together," as long as i'm not going on the track the next day, haha.

suzukigirl

Welcome! You will soon forget about the street ; ) The parties at BHF are always great... You absolutely can ride the next day... Just know your limits ; ) Good food, lots'a track talk, and some really great people!!

Slowninja

I had 5 years of college to learn my limits, lol. If everything goes right i will be at Blackhawk Aug. 29-30. Not sure if i want to do both days or just one. I'm not exactly in the best shape, i guess i have a month to get there. I hear that riding a pedal bike quite a bit helps?

ZLTFUL

Welcome!
You will definitely have a wakeup call during your first session. Street riding can't even come close to preparing you for the track physically. But things will loosen up after the first session or two. Then things will start to click and you will have a BLAST!
Some things I did to help were to focus on core strengthening, leg workouts, and lots of endurance and cardio work.
I still am exhausted after the second day on the track but nothing can wipe the ear to ear grin off my face.

Slowninja

ZLTFUL;72976 wrote: Welcome!
You will definitely have a wakeup call during your first session. Street riding can't even come close to preparing you for the track physically. But things will loosen up after the first session or two. Then things will start to click and you will have a BLAST!
Some things I did to help were to focus on core strengthening, leg workouts, and lots of endurance and cardio work.
I still am exhausted after the second day on the track but nothing can wipe the ear to ear grin off my face.
Yeah, i am expecting to get my arse kicked. I did a 20 mile snowmobile cross country race a few years back, i was about to die after that. I suppose the race track is a little smoother though, haha.

jkrueger

welcome fellow wisconsinite, ill be at the august bhf days. stop by and ask some questions if you have them

Trent1098S

Welcome, BHF is a blast. You'll have tons of fun and meet a lot of new, interesting, and mildly psychotic people.

Welcome to the family!