New track!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
They haven't even started paving. Ya really think it'll be done for the upcoming season? I wouldn't hold my breath. And, that "other org" has put unfinished tracks on it's schedule before (Bluegrass), then ends up having to cancel.

tiggen

Jeremy does tours of the construction site all the time, so if you are local, keep an eye on the website and facebook page if you want to check it out.

sheepofblue

Bluegrass fool me once; shame on you
Atlanta Motorsports PArk..... I'll let someone else signup. I think NESBA is smart to not schedule this yet.

arhale09

High Rock Raceway in NC had the money, were about to start paving, were selling condos, had started grading, yadda yadda yadda. Turns out they never had the money. So I hate to sound like a naysayer, but I wouldn't hold my breath either...

That said, it would be supercool to have another track in the southeast...

betarace

according to their website, they have an open house/tour on 1/8/2011... any locals care to go and report?

sheepofblue

I went and got some photos 12/30 though they are still on the camera. That said the site has a lot of dirt moved and the layout looks awesome. However there is ZERO pavement, ZERO buildings. So while it is feasible they will run this summer I would not sign up for anything until someone posts pics of a LOT of progress. I signed up for Bluegrass and while I did get my money just fine I don't need a repeat and at least for March this is going to be one IMO :popcorn:

meganogin

Is it a straight shot up GA 400? I am excited about (maybe) having another track within a hour of me, but , is there enough business to keep Road A and AMP healthy?

rk97

sheepofblue;166231 wrote: Bluegrass fool me once; shame on you
Atlanta Motorsports PArk..... I'll let someone else signup. I think NESBA is smart to not schedule this yet.
Amen.

The way I see it, that org still owes me $35, and i won't ride with them until I get it back.

WhiteKnight

Last I heard on another forum was that it was still dirt, no gravel base, no pavement base, no buildings, yada yada yada. Checking the site, the last update was in July 2010 and all that was were tour by sports clubs. So I will not be booking any time there until I know it's completed. As for Bluegrass, the site has no good information available on it's news page either, though I think I remember hearing they were waiting on the next disbursement of funds.