New Trailer...need help

bigt750

Just sold a 7x16 trailer that was too big for what I needed and my truck,so I bought a 6x12
v-nose and would like any ideas on using the space,any pictures would be great.I will be hauling one bike and a small dirtbike.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I just got finished setting up my new-to-me trailer. I had my old trailer set up just about the same way except I had checkerboard vinyl tiles on the floor. Here is what it looked like when I bought it:
Before.jpg

I had the base cabinet from my old trailer. The tool box and fold down bed/couch came with the trailer. There are two small 2ft lights on the left side near that roof that supply the lighting. I painted the entire interior, put up two new cabinets in the nose, put up a new shoe caddy bag on the wall, e-rail throughout and I'm trying out commercial grade carpet on the floor. I would love to put in two Pit-Bull TRS's, but I don't have $500 laying around. I had $40 and a welder, so I've designed a cheap alternative that I think will work wonderfully. I'll post up pictures of my finished product when I get them mounted up. This is what it now looks like:

After.jpg

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I took an e-rail clip and welded on a piece of pipe. The pipe is the same diameter of the axle. I then put an R-clip on the end of the pipe to hold it in place. It works wonderfully. I also have a couple very short pieces of e-rail in my garage so I can hang the wheels in there as well.

Dave561

Control Rider
You can do the same with threaded pipe and a pipe flange. Mount the flange to a frame rail and thread the pipe in. Then place the wheel on the pipe, mark it and cut it. After that you drill for a clip and use the other half of the threaded rod with a new flange to mount the other tire.

sheepofblue

Thunderace;129791 wrote: I took an e-rail clip and welded on a piece of pipe. The pipe is the same diameter of the axle. I then put an R-clip on the end of the pipe to hold it in place. It works wonderfully. I also have a couple very short pieces of e-rail in my garage so I can hang the wheels in there as well.
Thanks I will have to take a look at mine after I check the electric brakes for puppy modification marks :mad:

Juggler

Wooooow

As a marginally-proud owner of a Harbor Freight fold up trailer, I'm drooling here.

I'd like to see some pics of your wheel holder. That's awesome!
Thunderace;129764 wrote:
After.jpg

bigt750

Thanks for the input,I did buy the pit bull restraint system and I love it.Used it going to RA this past weekend,now I just need to figure out other slick ideas to maximize space.