New York Safety Track

Shinobi

Did anybody else notice those member days and a few other TD's on the NYST calendar? They have something cooking over there I guess.:dunno:

Shinobi

scotman623;n593978 wrote: All is GOOD at NYST!!!!!
Most excellent this is definetly on my summer to do list. I love the look of this track. Almost reminds me of when I head upstate to do the mountain roads.

thesnowgod

Grrrrrrr. Been painting 4 bikes for them to use as CR bikes. Was looking forward to a full summer of TDs there. Haven't heardany specifics from Greg or Victoria. Hoping its a minor short term set back.

Shinobi

Well dang..... ok I am officially not mentioning the place again until I actually see a 2014 video of someone on the track haha

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Yeah..but can I get a Large soda there, or did Bloomberg kill those there, too?

Shinobi

Copy that Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007 ***Mechanics, Technique, Bravery, Restraint*** "Few understand our drive, bravery and obsession. I think thats part of what makes this so special." ***Love and Respect for the greatest sport on this planet.***

thesnowgod

It would appear they are opening as planned. Classes will be limited to 8 bikes out there at a time. Novice, Intermediate and Advance classes. Just make sure ya register early since the classes are smaller they'll fill up faster.

JarvisB

Wow... 8 per class? That got to be nice - Track basically is all yours. Did they announce this today though? Link?

DaveK22

What still doesn't make sense is that Victoria told me a few weeks ago that the first 2 weekends in May were already booked. So if they were booked at the higher bike limits, what is going to happen to the rest? If there are 3 groups, that's 24 max. I'm sure there was about 60 spots (20 per group) originally reserved.

Shinobi

Appears as if the plan is to hope the wrong people don't show up counting bikes. haha I guess you never know if there are clauses in place which specify a deadline for this policy. Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007 Mechanics-Technique Bravery-Restraint

sv650

Kendall
DaveK22;n594157 wrote: What still doesn't make sense is that Victoria told me a few weeks ago that the first 2 weekends in May were already booked. So if they were booked at the higher bike limits, what is going to happen to the rest? If there are 3 groups, that's 24 max. I'm sure there was about 60 spots (20 per group) originally reserved.
Given that they've been acting like nothing unusual has been going on until today, I'd be a little worried. Who knows if they restrict it further next month? I don't have any days booked with them but it seems like there probably won't be many (any?) track orgs booking with them. So much for my hopes of N2 getting them back on the calendar :(

JarvisB

Mikey75702;n594156 wrote: It was on their facebook page.... I just hope it's not insanely expensive for only 8 bikes at a time...
They have a groupon deal going on 2 days for 225 dollars. It is quite cheap if you ask me, but 8 per class is going to fill very quickly I would assume.

moman

Mikey75702;n594156 wrote: It was on their facebook page.... I just hope it's not insanely expensive for only 8 bikes at a time...
Fortunately(or maybe unfortunately) I bought a airtime membership so what they end up charging per day won't affect me. I'm just hoping they do run as advertised at this point. Will know in a couple weeks how it all plays out.
Looks like I'll have to patronize N2 at jersey and the beave.