Newbie from NJ

F16Mech1k

I guess ill tell you a little about myself. Im in the airforce (an F16 engine mechanic if you couldnt guess) and am deployed to Iraq for another month and a half. i picked up an 08 CBR 1000RR with 1900 miles on it while i was here (had my dad pick it up) and im dying to come home and ride. i had a 600 F4i for about a year and a half and i felt like a needed something more. i have a 96 camaro that i race in the 1/4 too so you can usually find me at atco raceway. im from South Jersey and dont know many people that own bikes so ill be looking for some people to ride with. im looking forward to doing some track days too so i can learn to really use the bike to its full potential. let me know what you guys think :)

SHADER

It is an addiction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Welcome, did my first full day yesterday and all i can say is after riding
sportbikes for about 5years now i have seen the light.i had a really hard
time understanding what the track buzz was about but now,well lets just
say the drag strip will be boring after this nothing beats hitting the apex
and being that close to gator strip.the people r great too.very freindly ,and can teach u alot.the cr's have a ton of knowledge and tell u straight up what to fix and how.i recommend doing a full day ,i did an intro and it was just a tease.by the time u start to learn your way around
your 2 sessions r up so do yourself a favor and do a full day.just my 2 cents.i'm here in maple shade so maybe i'll catch up with at motorsports
park .

Take care
be safe

01 gsxr 750
b #123

F16Mech1k

lets hope its not too addicting, i have twice as much into the engine/transmission in my camaro as the bike cost lol. I was just looking at your page Katie and what youve done is really impressive. i wish that i could get that far in any type of racing but its kinda hard when you deploy every 14-18 months. How much does a full track day cost on average?

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
F16Mech1k;118736 wrote: lets hope its not too addicting, i have twice as much into the engine/transmission in my camaro as the bike cost lol. I was just looking at your page Katie and what youve done is really impressive. i wish that i could get that far in any type of racing but its kinda hard when you deploy every 14-18 months. How much does a full track day cost on average?
haha....depends on what you are asking... cost of actual trackday is about $140-$205 +/-. depending on the track and day. You have to add in the other things as well.... membership, tires, gas, transport, hotel or camping gear, parts, go-fast-parts,..... start saving now!! As Katie said, get yourself home safe.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Welcome to the NEABA Family!! Are you stationed at McGuire? I live outside the base but I don't ride on the street anymore. If you want to talk bikes let me know…

F16Mech1k

im Stationed at the 177th (Air National Guard base but im full time) i live like 20 mins from McGuire. where do you usually go to the track?

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
F16Mech1k;119047 wrote: im Stationed at the 177th (Air National Guard base but im full time) i live like 20 mins from McGuire. where do you usually go to the track?
I've only done NJMP...it's a very nice track and it's about a hour from my house.

F16Mech1k

maybe you can teach me a thing or 2 when i come home :) i dont want to be one of the guys that has to use the straights to keep up because im on a 1k but i know that i have to start slow

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I'm no expert, along with other responsibilities, the Control Rider's are there for that purpose and are willing to provide assistance when ever you need it…when you get back and get settled give me a shout.