Next bike upgrade??

Eddie

Let me start by saying that I chase rider improvement to exhaustion. I read books. I watch videos. I go out with a plan. I seek CR input. I absolutely love experiencing progression in this sport. When something finally clicks for me, I feel it. When I do it right it all seems simpler, smoother, and faster. Whatever it may be that I'm working on. I only wish I could do more days with N2. I tend to need to stay close to Summit Point, but try to get out there whenever you guys are here. N2 has offered the most enjoyable coaching I've experienced.

I also am a bit of a shade tree mechanic, and love working on the bike as well as the rider.
That being said, I need a new project/upgrade.
I've got the brakes, braided lines, ECU flash, quickshifter, exhaust, frame sliders.
Wondering what to dig into next? bodywork? suspension?case covers?
Any input/opinions are appreciated!
2007 R6 btw
thanks!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Bodywork should be high on the list, but suspension would be my first item to improve your ride. You will spend a good deal more on suspension, but having an R6 will give you tons of options as there are a lot of them out there. Check with Emerson to see what he has to get you taken care of.

raineman021

Eric Raine
I agree with what Big Jim mentioned ^
(& I would love Ohlins, but can't fork up the cash for them quite yet *no pun intended*) :D

On the less costly side: I went with GB Racing case slider/covers all around on my '06 R6 - I know there are other options out there, but I am happy with them. Would recommend if you are looking at those.

Last edited:

tdelegram

Control Rider
You'll get more bang for your buck and better lap times with suspension work over any other upgrade or mod.

Eddie

Is it okay to start with either the forks or shock.?
Tackling suspension one end at a time would help mitigate cost impact.

Motofun352

Control Rider
If you're still on the OEM suspension from 07 I would opt for the forks first. You should be able to find good used equipment (check the WERA site, as well) and have it rebuilt to suit your needs. Swapping them out is no big deal but the actual rebuild can be challenging if you're not completely confident in your ability. Having said that, a shop manual is a good investment.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Just getting fork springs set for your weight is a $100 investment. Then set the sag. If you got more to spend, a nice cartridge kit would be a great investment. Then set sag. With an 07 R6 you should be able to find a bunch of stuff used for next to nothing.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have a full Ohlins 30mm cartridge kit in forks along with a TTX Ohlins shock. Also have a hyperpro and Scott's steering damper. Pm me for more info