Ninja 250 tire pressures?

blavenia

At what pressure woul you recommend running the stock IRC tires on a 250R at Tbolt?

I know, I know...get rid of those tires... but I could use some advice on what to put on the little bike that will fit properly.

Any suggestions on pressures first?

Thanks.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
What kind of tires are on the bike?

I'm sure I'm not the only one asking this question

And back in the bad old days..30psi F/R was a decent starting point.

blavenia

blavenia;250854 wrote: At what pressure woul you recommend running the stock IRC tires on a 250R at Tbolt?

I know, I know...get rid of those tires... but I could use some advice on what to put on the little bike that will fit properly.

Any suggestions on pressures first?

Thanks.
It was in there, just masked.

The manual called for 28 front, 32 rear, so I didn't know what to do as far as the typical 30/30.

I went with 27 Front and 30 Rear since the 250 doesn't seem to roast rear tires like other bikes. It seemed to work, but the IRC Roadwinners just stunk anyway.

Any suggestions for a better tire for that thing? I just can't find something from Michelin like a 2CT or similar from another major brand in the 250R sizes.

I think there might be one Pirelli that fits it, but without input I didn't want to just guess.

Thanks in advance if anyone has suggestions. I had a great time even though it was wayyy to crowded Sunday.

Brian

TGRIFF

I have a set of BT-003 110F/140R for my Ninja 250. I know Pirelli just came out with a tire for the 250 as well.

blavenia

TGRIFF;251269 wrote: I have a set of BT-003 110F/140R for my Ninja 250. I know Pirelli just came out with a tire for the 250 as well.
Did you have any trouble with the 140 on the stock rim? Were you happy with the BT-003 on the Ninjette? I honestly had a great time riding that thing around at NJMP. Had to keep my ego in check but really had a great opportunity to work on BP and cornerspeed.

Thanks for the input.

TGRIFF

blavenia;252352 wrote: Did you have any trouble with the 140 on the stock rim? Were you happy with the BT-003 on the Ninjette? I honestly had a great time riding that thing around at NJMP. Had to keep my ego in check but really had a great opportunity to work on BP and cornerspeed.

Thanks for the input.
The 140 fits fine on the 250. I have not really tested the full limits of the tire but it seems to grip fine. I plan to ride this weekend and will let you know how it goes.