Ninja 300 alternate tire size

Steve Meyers

Fiance is looking to pick up a Ninja 300 this weekend, she's a new rider so I'm not turning her loose on these old high mileage bias ply stock tires. Browsing around it seems tire choices are pretty limited in the stock size, for those of you that have one have you just upped to a 120/70, 150/70 combo to get into better tires?

Steve Meyers

Can’t find a q3+ in the 140 size anywhere. Regardless I should have looked harder I guess, they make Rosso corso 2s in the stock size so we’ll just go that route.

bmart

Control Rider
That is a shame about the Dunlops. I put those on my 400 street bike (the one in my avatar on the left) and they are incredibly good. I may even bring that to the track this year!

(Dunlop still has the 110/150 on their site. my 400 had a stock 140 but their 150 is nearly the same size and works fine.)

Steve Meyers

I was wrong yet again, they don’t make the Rosso corso 2 in that size but they have other options. Anyway, mostly street, I’m hoping I can have her confident enough to get out on the track by mid summer. She has msf here in like two months I think.

Steve Meyers

Ended up getting a different Ninja 300 that only had 700 miles on it, so it's going to be awhile before she needs tires. The stockers should get her through the learning curve and we'll throw some q3+ on it before (if) (hopefully) I get her on the track. haha