NJMP 30 Sept/1 Oct 2012 Thanks

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
HUGE Thanks to the NESBA Staff and Assistant Director Dave Sanders for putting on a GREAT weekend to T-Bolt.

s2r1kd675

D-Zum;256299 wrote: HUGE Thanks to the NESBA Staff and Assistant Director Dave Sanders for putting on a GREAT weekend to T-Bolt.
:agree: Same from me!! First time riding thunderbolt with NESBA and really had a blast!

LesPow

Control Rider
D-Zum;256299 wrote: HUGE Thanks to the NESBA Staff and Assistant Director Dave Sanders for putting on a GREAT weekend to T-Bolt.

Great weekend indeed, the sun was shining and the weather was sweet, made me want to move my dancing feet. Haha.
Darrin good hanging wit ya, you and Big Kaley are two funny MotherFathers.

CBRtist

I was there Monday, and I was pretty impressed and had a great experience for my first time on the track. Everybody that I spoke to made it a positive experience.

One of the things I particularly liked was the additional meeting after the first session. I went into the first session with TMI in my head, went out, and came back in shambles. If we didn't have that meeting, Cesar's patience, and Lou talking me off the ledge :poorguy: I might have gone home :dunno: We're all cut from a different cloth, and others could be also where it's their nature to absorb to much information and then try to apply it. Through talking to them and others, I learned to dial it down and narrow my focus. After second session I was signing up for B, and third session and fourth I was feeling some mojo.

I also appreciate Dave having me follow him in my last session, he noticed my discomfort, and talked to me about it. Free therapy! Gotta love it!

I know that additional meetings might be :asleep: to the B Group veterans, but if it's going to get us up to speed (no pun intended)... it might end up working to your advantage ;) And who knows, they could end up being optional for upper ranks.

I made it a point to go around and connect with fellow members. Stopped in on the "R1 Brothers" and stopped to say hi to Joi, who in turn stopped over with advice.

As first time riders and individuals, we all come in with our own set of expectations and goals. My goal is to work on body position and race line. If I can get out of second gear and quit doing parade laps... that's gravy :D My point is that I like having a venue where I CAN work on this stuff in a safe, controlled, environment with "go to" people. I'm sure people that are working on other goals appreciate this also.

Lastly, I made sure to thank ALL the CRs :adore: who helped me. It's not an easy job, it's volunteering, it's hard work, and they really have to have a passion for this sport and bettering others to take the time to do this stuff. :congrats:

dbarufaldi

Weather was amazing, people behaved themselves on track, got to catch up with old friends, and make some new ones. A new personal best LT was icing on the cake. Thanks to Dave and all the guys for making it happen.

Dan B

Big thanks to Tom and Lenny for their advice and instruction. Definitely helped getting my head on straight and getting back up to pace (almost). Waiting for more vids to be posted so I can review. And of course great times hangin' with " the Crew". Can't wait until next year.

ridelater

had a blast as well, second to last session was the icing on the cake just couldnt get around mike or dan b but it was fun and i cant wait for nxt year already, i might have to do one more day or jennings this winter!

MaRce1o

Rasta;256425 wrote: Great weekend indeed, the sun was shining and the weather was sweet, made me want to move my dancing feet. Haha.
Darrin good hanging wit ya, you and Big Kaley are two funny MotherFathers.
We have to ride together again for sure, you got to tow me around.

CBRtist;256452 wrote: I was there Monday, and I was pretty impressed and had a great experience for my first time on the track. Everybody that I spoke to made it a positive experience.

One of the things I particularly liked was the additional meeting after the first session. I went into the first session with TMI in my head, went out, and came back in shambles. If we didn't have that meeting, Cesar's patience, and Lou talking me off the ledge :poorguy: I might have gone home :dunno: We're all cut from a different cloth, and others could be also where it's their nature to absorb to much information and then try to apply it. Through talking to them and others, I learned to dial it down and narrow my focus. After second session I was signing up for B, and third session and fourth I was feeling some mojo.

I also appreciate Dave having me follow him in my last session, he noticed my discomfort, and talked to me about it. Free therapy! Gotta love it!

I know that additional meetings might be :asleep: to the B Group veterans, but if it's going to get us up to speed (no pun intended)... it might end up working to your advantage ;) And who knows, they could end up being optional for upper ranks.

I made it a point to go around and connect with fellow members. Stopped in on the "R1 Brothers" and stopped to say hi to Joi, who in turn stopped over with advice.

As first time riders and individuals, we all come in with our own set of expectations and goals. My goal is to work on body position and race line. If I can get out of second gear and quit doing parade laps... that's gravy :D My point is that I like having a venue where I CAN work on this stuff in a safe, controlled, environment with "go to" people. I'm sure people that are working on other goals appreciate this also.

Lastly, I made sure to thank ALL the CRs :adore: who helped me. It's not an easy job, it's volunteering, it's hard work, and they really have to have a passion for this sport and bettering others to take the time to do this stuff. :congrats:
Wendy!

Rock on and welcome to your first day! Too bad I couldn't be out with you but glad to hear it went so well.

Nothing like the first track day and how overwhelming it can be ;)

BZ

roadracer22

I was there for monday and i had a blast i want to thanks everyone and many thanks to CR. Cesar he was a great help to me he helped me alot answer all my question and for all the tips they worked great. Thanks man for everything i had the best time ever and that was the best help ever. Thanks nesba for have cr's like that. Lookimg foward for next season.

Luggageboy

Had a great first track day. Everybody was really helpful. Special thanks to Lou, Chris, Cesar, Rhasta, Lenny, and Dave for the advice and comments. Even with a lockup and crash at the end of the day I had a ridiculous amount of fun. Can't wait to fix the bike up over winter and head back out in the spring. Riding with people of a higher skill level really makes you realize how much you have to learn.

Dave561

Control Rider
Luggageboy;256540 wrote: Had a great first track day. Everybody was really helpful. Special thanks to Lou, Chris, Cesar, Rhasta, Lenny, and Dave for the advice and comments. Even with a lockup and crash at the end of the day I had a ridiculous amount of fun. Can't wait to fix the bike up over winter and head back out in the spring. Riding with people of a higher skill level really makes you realize how much you have to learn.
I wanted to ask, do you have any idea how full your front brake reservoir was or if you changed brake pads before the event?

CBRtist

Bubba Zanetti;256526 wrote: Wendy!

Rock on and welcome to your first day! Too bad I couldn't be out with you but glad to hear it went so well.

Nothing like the first track day and how overwhelming it can be ;)

BZ
Aw! Thanks Dan! You were missed!

The funny thing is I remember you telling me the story of another lady who was also "overwhelmed" and quite upset and me thinking "Wow. I really hope I don't do that." Sure enough I did :rolleyes: I have a theory that those who have mates and friends who are in track overwhelm themselves in general because of all the info we've taken over the year and we feel like we need to apply it all while out there.

I'll be back soon!

CBRtist

Luggageboy;256540 wrote: Even with a lockup and crash at the end of the day I had a ridiculous amount of fun.
Patrick, tell the truth. You staged that crash so you could get some 1-on-1 with the cute corner worker. We were watching you chat it up with her for a while ;)

CBRtist;256542 wrote: Aw! Thanks Dan! You were missed!

The funny thing is I remember you telling me the story of another lady who was also "overwhelmed" and quite upset and me thinking "Wow. I really hope I don't do that." Sure enough I did :rolleyes: I have a theory that those who have mates and friends who are in track overwhelm themselves in general because of all the info we've taken over the year and we feel like we need to apply it all while out there.

I'll be back soon!
Hey, the track is unlike any other riding experience. You now understand that, but the hardest thing to explain to a 'street only' rider is how different the track is and how fast you can go. They simply do not understand until they come out and try it. They usually figure out one, they arn't fast (inspite of doing triple digit speeds on the street) and two, they suck LOL!

That was me, minus the crazy street speeds (not that I didn't have my dumb moments) and I still suck :doh:

Hope to ride with you next year.

Oh, if I pass you on in about the middle of the big straight...you need to twist your throttle more :D

BZ

Luggageboy

Dave561;256541 wrote: I wanted to ask, do you have any idea how full your front brake reservoir was or if you changed brake pads before the event?
Hey Dave, The front brake reservoir had fluid between the fill and the and full lines. Confirmed it with some of the shots from SBimages who were there. The pads had about 400 miles on them.