NJMP Charging for Spectators?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I've heard this has been happening. Folks have been getting charged up to $15 to come and spectate. I may have some friends come down in May. If they try and charge them at the gate, what should they do, as there is supposed to be no fee? I know the directors have been working with NJMP to resolve this and other issues such as camping fees. Anyone know the status, and the correct thing to say at the gate if they do try and charge for spectating?

Thanks!

BobbyG

Judy, I will get an answer for you and post up. You are correct, they should not be charging for spectators. I want to verify the correct working to tell the gate guards.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I had an issue at Beaver last year when they were running a drifting event of the drift pad at the same time we were having a TD. The guard told my buddy he couldn't be sure which event he was going to, so he charged him an entrance fee.

toptaz1000rr

bobby thanks for looking in to this mid summer i have some family coming from overseas that are going to come down to watch mid-day and it would be good to know in advance

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
dark nater;51077 wrote: I had an issue at Beaver last year when they were running a drifting event of the drift pad at the same time we were having a TD. The guard told my buddy he couldn't be sure which event he was going to, so he charged him an entrance fee.
if ^this^ is true for NJMP, then the weekend of May 16/17, the Audi group will be on Thunderbolt while NESBA will be on Lightning....not sure if this will be an issue

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
If they do end up charging you, make sure to check in with the director of the event DURING the event. If anything can be done about the charge, it needs to handled then and not on Monday morning here.

rk97

dark nater;51077 wrote: I had an issue at Beaver last year when they were running a drifting event of the drift pad at the same time we were having a TD. The guard told my buddy he couldn't be sure which event he was going to, so he charged him an entrance fee.

I encountered a similar situation at Summit last year. NESBA was on JC, and WERA was on Main. To their credit, the gate workers were very nice and didn't charge me when i explained I was there to buy a bike from another rider, and then pack up shortly thereafter.

IMO, it's the responsibility of the TRACKS to come up with a better system. either have separate entrances for different circuits, or at least different colored bracelets
, and actually police the paddock. different colored mirror hangers would help too.

fair is fair - and if NESBA is paying the gate fee for our spectators, they don't want the drift crowd saying they're there to watch the trackday either.

Geoff Doyer

You should NOT be charged a gate fee at NJMP. Argue if you are for alittle bit, then pay if you have to and come see Bobby or myself immediately. The camping thing we are still working on. We have been getting mixed messages from NJMP depending on who you talk to but we are trying to nail down a consistent policy.

Motomoon

HondaGalToo;50984 wrote: I've heard this has been happening. Folks have been getting charged up to $15 to come and spectate. I may have some friends come down in May. If they try and charge them at the gate, what should they do, as there is supposed to be no fee? I know the directors have been working with NJMP to resolve this and other issues such as camping fees. Anyone know the status, and the correct thing to say at the gate if they do try and charge for spectating?

Thanks!
Did you hear that it was happening to people at NESBA or just in general at trackdays at NJMP?

Some orgs require a gate fee. They have cheap member fees then tack on a 5.00 plus per person entrance fee regardless if your a spectator or a rider.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Motomoon;51337 wrote: Did you hear that it was happening to people at NESBA or just in general at trackdays at NJMP?

Some orgs require a gate fee. They have cheap member fees then tack on a 5.00 plus per person entrance fee regardless if your a spectator or a rider.
NESBA, a guy recently posted they charged him 15 bucks to get in, he just came to watch for the day. I know all about that other org's "gate fee"! :p

And, yeah, if any friends of mine that show up to spectate get charged, I'll let Bobby or Geoff know right away, as I know nothing can be done about it after the day's over. ;)

Thanks, guys!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Are there any updates/changes to the NJMP gate procedure from 2009/2010? In 2009, you had to give names to the director, who would take the list to the gate. In 2010, there was a form you could fill out with names and leave at the gate when you signed in, but I can't find the form.

Has this changed? I may have some friends coming to spectate in Sept who won't be arriving with me. Do they still charge a spectator fee, or has it been resolved? If not resolved, what's the 2012 procedure for getting them in without having to pay the spectator fee?

Thanks!

blavenia

I had some friends charged on Sunday, 8/12 a gate fee of $10 at NJMP. I didn't see this thread until after going home!

Oh well, I guess watching us for a day should have been worth it, right? I was just bummed because I told them there definitely was NO gate fee for spectators because it was NESBA!

They'll get over it.

andykurz

Is this for people that come in separate vehicles only?

Or are they charging for people coming in with you too? Me no like.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
andykurz;251278 wrote: Is this for people that come in separate vehicles only?

Or are they charging for people coming in with you too? Me no like.
For people in separate vehicles who arrive later in the day. If they come in with you, no charge. I believe there's also no charge if they arrive before 10 am. After that, the crew list Steamer mentioned should work. If I end up using it, I'll post here with the results.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
If this occurs, see the director of the event. We will ensure that it gets taken care of, but it needs to be handled the day of the event.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Cool. It's not just NESBA this is happening to. Tony's Trackdays is having the same issue. NJMP indicates, when asked, that they defer to the org's policy. Clearly not the case, as they are charging both NESBA and TTD a spectator fee for guests, when the policy of both of these orgs is no spectator fees, no gate fees.