NJMP chicane. you decide

Geoff Doyer

This Saturday I am going to ask you in the riders meeting which configuration you prefer. A show of hands will make the decision. If we run the chicane and it turns into a crashfest I reserve the right to change it at any point during the day. I am thinking that we might benefit from running it in the colder weather because it may help keep the tire warm on the left side. We had a lot of crashing in the lefts at the last event. I am still convinced that on a normal summer day running without the chicane gives us less crashing and more track time. This Saturday I will let the riders decide. If all goes well I will do the same on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I won't be there on Saturday, but hope to attend on Sunday. Someone put up a hand for me when the question is asked. I think Katie & Ron might vote that way too, but I'll let them choose.

HECK3086

I've been there a couple times and I'm hoping to get up there this wkend, but if I do I'm voting for the chicane. Haven't ran it yet, so I'd definitely like to see how the track runs with it.

rk97

In a previous thread, I was basically laughed at for suggesting that the chicane kept the left side of the tire a tad bit warmer...

patiently waiting for the same people to speak up when it's Geoff's theory :popcorn:

NoBull

I agree it might help keep the left side a little warmer on a cold day. Otherwise I like it better without the chicane. It flows better that way.

Vitamin_J

Huge fan of the chicane, it slows down the course and will help some of the lesser experienced T-bolt folks keep the front wheel on the ground coming up the hill.

Let's do it!

crewnutz

Vitamin_J;92600 wrote: Huge fan of the chicane, it slows down the course and will help some of the lesser experienced T-bolt folks keep the front wheel on the ground coming up the hill.

Let's do it!
Ooo I didn't think about that! Maybe we shouldn't run the chicane, I'd like to try and get both wheels off the ground there! :D

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Sooo much more fun with the chicane! I won't be the but I will always vote for the chicane.

Myers

Control Rider
still dont know the wifes plans for this weekend but I am in hopes I will be there sunday. My vote is for chicane. I rode last month without and had a blast. I trust the decisions of those a lot wiser then me and will hopefully be down on sunday.

Vitamin_J

Slow Steve;92643 wrote: Sooo much more fun with the chicane! I won't be the but I will always vote for the chicane.
Glad you are on the mend. Looking forward to seeing you at NJMP soon.

Dieselboy

geckert;92981 wrote: Can we pass on the inside through the grass?
lol, looks like we're running Lightning Sunday. I've never ridden the chicane, so I don't really mind either way.

jfmgsxr750

Leave it in

The question should be why is NESBA the only org who runs thunder without that chicane??? Even AMA raced with that chicane in. I rode with NEBSA once on thunder
and was puzzled as too why they took it out. I have riden thunder over 10 times and without that chicane it feels like lightning. Maybe NESBA should stick to lightning if they feel thunder is unsafe. :popcorn: