njmp garage rental

blueninja1

hey dudes,

i wanted to get some nesbian feedback on how your experience was with renting garage space for a season. i don't want to risk breaking my car towing the bike back and forth so it seems like a good option for me.

i was thinking about getting a group together (of 4-6) so that we can split the costs till the end of this season. i believe it is something like $250/month and with a group of us will be substantially less.

-brendon

hank

It was $250, but that doesn't include NJ sales tax and additional (IIRC 2%) additional sales tax charge for the immediate facility area. And based on the cost increase in electrical, VIP suites and everything else, we expect the price to go up next year.

I have had a garage there for 2 years and about 4 people/bikes + equip is about the max before things get tight and a real PITA... Hell, I have 2 buddies who also have a garage there and between just the 2 of them, they barely fit their stuff.: p

A garage there works for me given my current situation... Yes, it is convenient having a garage right there, but if I had a place to store a trailer at my residence - that would be what I would do. Having your stuff at home WITH YOU provides peace of mind, you can work on your bike whenever and you KNOW it's secure. With a garage, you better KNOW
the people who you're sharing with...

YMMV

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Are the seasonal rental garages the ones located behind the wall on the Lightning course on the road leading to that course? If so, keep in mind you'll still need a way to haul your stuff to whichever track you're on, it's not within walking distance.

blueninja1

good points. i'll probably stick to towing then.

i got a 94 mazda protege and i think max towing capacity is 1000lbs. i got the uhaul hitch installed with 2k max rating to be on the safe side. has anyone towed with a passenger car at the tow limit? im gona be pretty much at if not a little over 1k depending on the trailer (weight) uhaul has available. they better have the lightweight motorcycle trailer i reserved or ima be pissed. hope everything goes well, fingers crossed.

betarace

redneckcyclehauler1hx3.jpg

Mikey75702

Look its a modern day elcamino.... :D

As far as towing with a car, I am pretty sure there are a few that do it, using harbor freight trailers. If you can talk the folks into a small corner of the garage, it will probably be cheaper in the long run then the uhaul.... I think total cost from store to road for the hf trailer has been said to be like $500.

maxpr1

:agree:
Brandon, get a cheap trailer as finances permit, I'm sure your Dad will eventually give in and let you use some of the garage space

blueninja1

i'm on a $400 budget for a trailer lol. if anyone knows of one for sale near the ny area i'll drive over and pick it up.

max, my dad gave in a week ago so now my bike's in the garage. it's got no bodywork, it's all toe up, so i think he sympathized with me and caved. hehe

YamaR6

Craigslist is your friend. I found a used trailer for 200 its not the best but it works for what i need. Put the pit bull trailer restraint on it and it works great.

erick1670

I just did a 1,000 mile road trip to VIR and my car a :adore: Honda Accord 96 held up well towing my folding HF trailer and here is how it looks this pic I am waiting on my friend bike to load for 2 bike haul.... i am pondering if I can haul 2 bikes with my car but not :notsure:

DSC00171-1.jpg

and here with one bike
017.jpg

if you take care your car in all aspects, then you should be fine hauling your bike with a trailer like mine

Mikey75702

You can pick up the harbor freight trailer for like $300, then build it as you get a few bucks more. I am pretty sure it will just need the plywood, a chock, an inspection and taxes/tags.

blueninja1

oh screw it, i'll see yall at the track.

just look out for the tan mazda towing the uhaul trailer.

planning to do a couple more track days in addition to the SED at the beav.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Damn..that arm healed fast. (I'm JUST YANKING YOUR CHAIN!)

Seriously..get the Harbor Freight trailer..it will do what you need just fine, and it's not very heavy.
Buy a spare tire for it, too..if you have it..maybe you'll never need it. Drill some holes in each corner for some eye-bolts with washers/nuts under the floor for anchor points. That might get you close to the $400 budget mark for the trailer.

Ask Mom and Dad for the Pit Bull TRS for Xmas from "Santa" and you'll have a pretty nice little setup for transport.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
erick1670;198564 wrote: I just did a 1,000 mile road trip to VIR and my car a :adore: Honda Accord 96 held up well towing my folding HF trailer and here is how it looks this pic I am waiting on my friend bike to load for 2 bike haul.... i am pondering if I can haul 2 bikes with my car but not :notsure:

DSC00171-1.jpg

and here with one bike
017.jpg

if you take care your car in all aspects, then you should be fine hauling your bike with a trailer like mine

Dude..I think there's a spot you missed that could use a STICKER!!!!!!

That's a LOT of decals on both bikes. But, I have to say..I think you did a hell of a nice job laying them out.

slowpoke

blueninja1;198594 wrote: oh screw it, i'll see yall at the track.

just look out for the tan mazda towing the uhaul trailer.

planning to do a couple more track days in addition to the SED at the beav.
Uhual motorcycle-specific trailers (the light ones) are usually in short supply in NE. the next one up is very heavy and if you're going to pay to rent it for multiple days, you'll end up spending twice as much as you would've if you bought a harbor frieght trailer. If you plan on doing multiple days, buy a trailer.

Also: getting a 'heavier' hitch (you mention 2,000lbs) doesn't change the max tow capacity of your vehicle (1,000 lbs).

erick1670

D-Zum;198600 wrote: Dude..I think there's a spot you missed that could use a STICKER!!!!!!

That's a LOT of decals on both bikes. But, I have to say..I think you did a hell of a nice job laying them out.
Thank you sir.... I got to exited and carry away :dunno: