NJMP Lightning Roll Call - May 17 / 18

CBRtist

I'll be there on Saturday! My first track day and man I am pumped! And scared, and nervous, haha.

I will be on a red/black Yamaha R6, coming in on a blue Subaru WRX. If anyone has any tips of tricks please feel free to share. Looking forward to the day.

Ditto to what Judy said. Please look for me... friendly, slow (*ahem* mature) chick with the blond braid. I'll be in your group and like connecting with new members and hearing about their day. N2's format in the beginner group is optimal for new riders so it should settle some of your nerves. See you there!

Danlavelle

Welcome to your first trackday! It's normal to be nervous! I still get nervous before the first day of the season, after all these years, LOL!
We have a good Novice program for first-time-on-the-track riders. Those riders get designated Control Riders to work with them (as long as we have sufficient staff, which we have so far this year) until they are comfortable enough to line up with the rest of the group. That can be the first few sessions or the entire day, depends on you! You will get great riding tips and instruction. Bring plenty of water and stay hydrated. Bring a chair, shade, extra gas (red cans in NJ!). Relax, breathe, and focus on being smooth! You'll have a blast!

Unfortunately, I won't make this weekend.

Thank you so much! I've just watched Twist Of The Wrist 2 and read the Riders Manual again, it's all information overload. I'm really excited to just get out there and have some fun.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thank you so much! I've just watched Twist Of The Wrist 2 and read the Riders Manual again, it's all information overload. I'm really excited to just get out there and have some fun.

Awesome! Another great read I highly recommend is "Sport Riding Techniques" by Nick Ienatsch.

Also, Nick and Ken have a website - fastersafer.com - it's subscription based ($30/6 months; $60/year) that has a ton of excellent instructional videos and articles. Nick and Ken run the Yamaha Champions Riding School.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Between Will and I, we'll have a few grills. You know... I just realized you don't have an RC8R in your bike lineup, Jimmy. I think you should do something about that!

Between Will and I, we'll have a few grills. You know... I just realized you don't have an RC8R in your bike lineup, Jimmy. I think you should do something about that!

I don't even know what an RC8R is ?
I've been searching for the right RSV4 for Easley so it's gonna have to be after that !!! :)

1up5down

Control Rider
I'll be there on Sunday. I'm doing CSS on Monday at Thunderbolt.
Blue and orange GSXR #40, slow group.

Sounds like you're going to have fun and get some excellent coaching and skill enhancement opportunities (track time) Saturday @ Lightning, then Monday @ Thunderbolt. Lucky fella!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
I don't even know what an RC8R is ?
I've been searching for the right RSV4 for Easley so it's gonna have to be after that !!! :)

What, what, what!

2011-ktm-rc8-r-track-2.jpg

Myers

Control Rider
Folks - ...... Not sure if any of the 417 views to this thread are on the fence about maybe hitting up lightning this weekend... But if you are... group numbers are climbing... Get in, get signed up before they are full :)