NJMP Lightning?

Rick Johnson

How is that track? Is it fast and flowing? Kinda looks like it from a video I saw.CCS will be racing on it since they couldn't secure thunderbolt.I'm going to try and make up there in July.

Burnall4

Just watched the videos of it, seems like a fun quick lil track! I might have to try it out too!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Lightning

Not as technical as Thunderbolt but definitely a fun track....it flows well. You'll enjoy it.

Couple of double apex turns and a very cool banked turn leading onto the front straight.
The laps ticked by pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to going back there.

LesPow

Control Rider
Its nice and fast alright, will make for some close fast racing, even though Ive never raced but I did a mock race there last year. Youll love it. There is only one aspect that worries anyone and that would be going under the bridge into the left hand turn five. If you were to have a mishap the wall is right there you cant miss it!!

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
That wall certainly got everyone's attention!

That's a fast sweeping right hander approaching the bridge and just tires and concrete to stop you if you run wide....not a good place to screw up and definitely a spot for an air fence. Runoff is pretty good everywhere else.

justariot66

I dont know the size but it seems like a patriot-XXL track. I rode it one day in Oct. my buddy and I both liked it. He said thunderbolt was better. I loved the long bowl turn onto the straight. Worth the money in my opinoin.

Dave

NoBull

I had a really good time there when I went last year. I would be concerned about the bridge when racing. You get pushed wide there and it's a lot of trouble.

I disagree it's an XXL patriot. I don't see any similarities at all. Patriot is all turns and no speed. Lightning has tons of speed. The first part of the track is fairly technical and all about keeping the speed up. The last part is fast and flowing and even more about keeping the speed up.

hank

Tony A;35022 wrote: Rick heres a link to another site where a buddy and I gave a turn by turn descrpition and if I remember right i think the course is 1.9 miles
http://sportbiketrackjunkie.com/index.php?topic=21.0
Nice write-up - it brought back good memories from last year!

Is there one for T-Bolt as well? :D

Seriously, I didn't get the chance to attend any events at T-Bolt and I was wondering what it was like. I don't get much from watching the various videos, but your write-up seemed fairly close to what I remember about Lightning...

Rick Johnson

Hank I found that having a print out of the track map in front of me while watching the video helps understanding the track some and where they are at on it.Did that with Summit main since I've never been there and it gave me a pretty good idea of the track.
I'll do the same with Lightning soon.