NJMP TBolt Vids

rouns22

Njmp thunderbolt vids

Hey here is a link to some video I got @ Thunderbolt on 6-14-10...Last session of the day for I-group and I got some of the footage of a guy going down in front of me, figure I would want the footage if I were him so here ya go. I think he was #46, yellow and black gixxer it looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n3AksKJUvQ

vasilevski

rouns22;134445 wrote: Hey here is a link to some video I got @ Thunderbolt on 6-14-10...Last session of the day for I-group and I got some of the footage of a guy going down in front of me, figure I would want the footage if I were him so here ya go. I think he was #46, yellow and black gixxer it looks like.

I'm the wrecker. Thanks for the upload. I got a concussion and don't remember s...t. If you saw what happened please describe it.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
rouns22;134445 wrote: Hey here is a link to some video I got @ Thunderbolt on 6-14-10...Last session of the day for I-group and I got some of the footage of a guy going down in front of me, figure I would want the footage if I were him so here ya go. I think he was #46, yellow and black gixxer it looks like.

looks like he fell off...the bike was still going!

and no offense rouns22, ya need to focus a little more on hitting those apexes rather than what is behind you. You do well through the chicane, but missed every apex in the back...

rouns22

I'm not going to get upset with any of your feedback, I am all for any constructive critisism people give me on and off the track. Yes I admit when I watched what footage I have from the track that I do need to not look back, at the same time I don't feel any place I did so created a dangerous situation, still agree that there is no need to look back just need to work on that some more. As far as hitting every apex, I had a fun day and enjoyed every minute of it, sure there were some laps that I wasn't on point every single turn but honestly, you guys got to see ONE lap out of many. So all I ask is don't judge my riding based on one lap thats all.

I looked at it as if I went down and someone got it on video, I think I would want to see it, therefore me posting this...if that upsets anyone I am sorry for that but thats my opinion.

As far as what I saw happen, coming out of the right hander turn five your rear tire drifted out to the left, not too far but when it caught traction the bike looked like it bucked you off enough to where your feet were not on the footpegs and your body shifted to the right side of the bike and let go, I was glad to hear you were ok, because by the look of the roll you took I was concerned but once again was very glad to hear you came out of it ok. Hope to see you at another track day sometime.

Rouns

NoBull

Nobody said you shouldn't have posted the video and the guy that crashed was happy that you did.

As for the unsolicited feedback, it's mostly unwelcome. That's why I don't do it anymore personally.

vasilevski

So I guess you mean that I high sided. The thing that I can't explain to myself(don't remember s..t) is how the bike went down on me( I have a huge bruiseon my thigh from the frame slider) and went back up on a ride of its own.

BigBird

vasilevski;135334 wrote: So I guess you mean that I high sided. The thing that I can't explain to myself(don't remember s..t) is how the bike went down on me( I have a huge bruiseon my thigh from the frame slider) and went back up on a ride of its own.
if the bike flipped from one side to the other is sometime do to having a long frame slider. the long ones provide enough leverage to flip the bike. that's why I use Woodcraft frame sliders now.

but i hope that answer the question :notsure:

rouns22

vasilevski;135334 wrote: So I guess you mean that I high sided. The thing that I can't explain to myself(don't remember s..t) is how the bike went down on me( I have a huge bruiseon my thigh from the frame slider) and went back up on a ride of its own.
Yea its kinda hard to explain exactly what I saw in words...I thought you saved it for a quick moment but then your body shifted to the right side of the bike, from there I still thought you saved it but then before I knew it you were down on the right side of the bike rolling through the grass and the bike was driving itself. Guess from now on I am going to mount my GoPro on the front of the bike for a better view of the racetrack rather than my ass lol.