NJMP Thunderbolt configuration

I will be at NJMP on 6-23, I have watched some videos from last year and was wondering what determines the configuration, using 3a,b,c or not and also the turn 1 combination?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
We use the chicane, what you're referring to as turns 3 a, b, c, 99.9% of the time. Not sure what turn 1 combo you're talking about, I'm guessing you mean how we pit-out? We don't use that first chicane config, pit out puts you on the track before turn 2, stay to the right to blend in, don't hop over to race line when entering the track. We don't utilize the first chicane for pit-out, which has riders entering the track between turns 2 and 3.

This is the way we usually run it. It's rare that we don't use the chicane (turns 3 a-c). The only reason we wouldn't use it is if conditions were such that it was too slick. Doesn't happen very often.

Thanks for the reply Judy, the reason I asked is because of this video
Nesba 8/13/13 njmp Thunderbolt session 3 I-Group.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I was there Mon the 12th and Tues the 13th. If memory serves, I rode Monday but not Tues. Pretty sure there was rain early on Tuesday, hence that configuration due to the wet conditions. It's not the way we normally run.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Judy is correct. There was water continuing to stream across the entrance to the chicane,so decision was made to run without for safety reasons. The chicane is one of my favorite parts on the track.

raylee

Love the chicane, but the alternate configuration isn't bad, either. Nothing like topping off 4th gear going over wheelie hill.