NJMP Thunderbolt Endurance Day Info - May 31st

RyanITV

Admin
*copied and pasted from the email that was sent out - here it is for everyone who is set to not allow emails *

Why are you emailing me?
NESBA is pleased to offer you the chance to extend your Memorial Day weekend by one day to ride on Thunderbolt at NJMP on May 31st. We've identified you as one of the members who may meet the qualifications for this special, limited-access track day.

What's so special about it?
Up to 7 hours of track time - that's what's special! No, we're not kidding - this event has a unique format and will offer wide open track to a VERY limited number of qualified riders from 9AM until 5PM, stopping only for an hour at lunch. Oh - and we're covering the lunch, in addition to providing water to keep you hydrated throughout the day.

Imagine being able to turn as many laps as you can handle without worrying about your session. Go out for a few laps, change some suspension settings, head right back out to see the difference. We're hoping to be able to set up canopies along pit lane to help facilitate test and tune laps.

Which group can sign up?
Registration is open to experienced Intermediate group riders (3+ events in Intermediate, minimum) and Advanced group riders. We ask that if you're in Intermediate, you honestly pre-qualify yourself as riding in the top half of the pack during a standard track day.

Won't combining the groups suck?

No. This is a chance for you faster Intermediate guys to ride with our Advanced riders and learn from them. We're allowing courteous passing anywhere, provided the rider you're passing is moving away from you - we'll explain this in-depth at the mandatory 8:30AM rider's meeting. For those of you who've attended the Yamaha Champion's Riding School, it's the same rules they use.

We'll have some of our CRs on tap if you want to check out some lines or get input on your riding. They're there strictly to help you - wave-bys will not be required for this format unless they're working with you.

How many spots are available?

The cap is the same as your typical group at a Thunderbolt track day - just with an open track. We find that as the speed picks up, traffic is a non-issue and (realistically), we doubt all the riders will be out at once. You'll need to pace yourself, regardless. Due to the limited space available for the event, we're not allowing cancellations. If something occurs between now and then, you can sell your space to another qualified member.

How do I sign up?

You can register just like any other event - log in to your account on www.nesba.com and select "Event Registration" from the left menu. Click on the event for May 31st at NJMP and sign up there!

tiggen

Can't make it, but I love the idea AND I hope it is successful. Would love to see this happen in the SE as well. Thanks for continuing to look into ways to make things work!

erick1670

Open track!

Open track... :adore:

Why dint I get this e-mail a week ago...:argh:

Other wise I would being there... Need to list this with more time :mad:

Landshark

Control Rider
If you are an Intermediate on the fence about this one I'd say sign up. This will be the best opportunity you have to see first hand where you need to improve. It may also show you how close you are to moving up.

If you are an "A" rider debating on going and wondering if the "I" riders will impede you, this is the time to go. You probably will find what was lost in the planning and patience department.

Anyone else debating on coming out for whatever reason is going to miss a day that is rare. You'll actually be able to focus on you or your bikes bugs and not have any worry about missing a session or track time.

Turbo329

Landshark;189626 wrote: If you are an Intermediate on the fence about this one I'd say sign up. This will be the best opportunity you have to see first hand where you need to improve. It may also show you how close you are to moving up.

If you are an "A" rider debating on going and wondering if the "I" riders will impede you, this is the time to go. You probably will find what was lost in the planning and patience department.

Anyone else debating on coming out for whatever reason is going to miss a day that is rare. You'll actually be able to focus on you or your bikes bugs and not have any worry about missing a session or track time.
Awesome post.

To tell you the truth I was a little nervous but I feel a lot better about it. NESBA's got some really clean A group riders and I'd like to think that I'm smooth out there and should be pretty easy to get around by the faster guys.

Open track does have a lot of benefits. Imagine tweaking your suspension and heading right out to test it. Then pull in if you don't like the set up and tweak it again and not have to wait a full hour for your next session. You can get so much done by way of setup on track days with Open format.

A group guys will definitely show their skills when it comes to setting up passes and I hope to drop time for sure by getting a sniff of some of their rear wheels. This may rate as the most fun day of the year.

I hope to get some 1 on 1 with some of the control riders and racers for sure.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
+1 with Vinny.

For the 'I' group riders, remember that you can ask just about any 'A' rider for help or pointers. This is a rare opportunity for the CR's to get legitimate track time without having to rush to make their CR session, and I'm sure they'll get bombarded with tow requests. Not saying they won't help, its just that they aren't the only ones "allowed" to give advice.

LOrtega

Control Rider
RyanITV;190057 wrote: 10 spots left - who wants to come out and play with the big kids?
WOW thats awsome that there is so much interest in a open trackday that with less than 2 weeks we have gotten so many people to sign up !!!!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
why!?!?!?!?! why do you have to pick the only weekend i tell the fam that i will actually be at memorial day affairs. last year, i ride...the year before, i ride....this year, i say, ok will do the family stuff....then ya pop this on me!?!?!?!?!

how about an endurance event at Summit Main after the 4th of july?????? p-p-p-p-p-pllleeaase??

dj life

Got a question for the cr's and admin...
If your an A group rider and someone is asking you to give them a tow around is there going to be a problem with that? Just so if anyone is asking us A groupers to help can we? Cause I know a lot of orgs frown upon this...

Chris