NJMP Today (4/20)

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
A big THANK YOU to Bobby G and all the CR's at NESBA for another great day of riding. Even though the weather sucked big time, I had a great time riding around out there. You really get to experience different things out there in the pouring rain:wow:.

Again, thank you all, I know I had a great time.

Tony A

:agree:

Was my first rain track experiance, you seem to certinaly learn what are the good lines in that weather.
And hey the wind blast coming up over turn 4 cleaned the rain drops off the face shield

ganglo

That was you in A, huh?

This morning was great, I was struggling some with the rain today buy BobbyG was an awesome coach that second session. Great call at lunch time too, the drive back was a serious soaker.

This is the first time I've had the R6 on the track in the rain, and it was great learning a little better how to be smooth.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Must've been kinda boring out there all by yourself. I left during lunch cuz my rain jacket disintegrated, and that wind was scary.
Was my first wet day, and I learned so much about smooth and what it feels like when the tires slide. I had a moment on turn 1 when the front slid, then rear stepped out, and my brain switched to MX mode. My body went upright and my foot was sliding on the pavement motard style (it just happened so fast). Saved it, then turned it down a notch. Just ask Lenny. He saw it from trackside.

I'm DEFINITELY getting rain tires. It was astonishing how much grip a street tire has in wet, and I'd love to see what rain's will do.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Nah, it was fun out there by myself really. I was able to work on lines and really study the track some more. And yes, smooth was the name of the game today. Can't wait to get out there again when its dry and apply what I learned today. YeeeHaaa!

ZxRegg6r

Today was my first time in the rain. I was a little nervous due to brand new tires. I had a blast for the first session takin it easy with the CR's. 2nd session was cool until my rear slid out once and worst yet kept fighting constant helmit fog (cracking my visor so I can see). After running a number laps messing with my helmit while trying to be smooth, not too fast in the turns. With so much going on my confidence stared to slip so I called it a day early before something happend. Still had fun though. Beats going to work!!!

icebergmikey

ZxRegg6r;49264 wrote: Today was my first time in the rain. I was a little nervous due to brand new tires. I had a blast for the first session takin it easy with the CR's. 2nd session was cool until my rear slid out once and worst yet kept fighting constant helmit fog (cracking my visor so I can see). After running a number laps messing with my helmit while trying to be smooth, not too fast in the turns. With so much going on my confidence stared to slip so I called it a day early before something happend. Still had fun though. Beats going to work!!!
Yo Whats up dawg! You might not remember me, i was at the track day at Lightening last year with ya. I had a red and black gixxer 600. And I think your boy got Azz packed in turn one on the 750. Hope this is who i think it is!I tink the guy'sname is Rggie... LOL...anyway, going up to thunderbolt on the 25.....coming?

Kona127

Yeah you got the right guy. That's my boy Reg. My twin brother is the one that got azzpacked back in September. He's still recovering from rotor cuff surgery from the accident, but he should be ready sometime in June. I don't know about you, but I felt like I was riding around on egg shells yesterday. The wind off of t4 was crazy. :eek:

BobbyG

To everyone out there yesterday, Excellent Job! Everyone rode excellent in the less than perfect wet conditions. Ride as smooth as you did in the dry conditions and see what happens.

For those that left early, we canx after lunch. 1/2 day rain credits will be issued. The wind was picking up too much and track drainage was becoming too much of an issue for us to continue.

We still have some spots open for the 15-17 May, so come out and we can finish were we left off.

B and I guys/gals... Quote from Slitherin, from the A group....yes, we are always learning.

Slitherin;49258 wrote:
Nah, it was fun out there by myself really. I was able to work on lines and really study the track some more. And yes, smooth was the name of the game today. Can't wait to get out there again when its dry and apply what I learned today. YeeeHaaa!
See you all out there soon! BobbyG

icebergmikey

Kona127;49589 wrote: Yeah you got the right guy. That's my boy Reg. My twin brother is the one that got azzpacked back in September. He's still recovering from rotor cuff surgery from the accident, but he should be ready sometime in June. I don't know about you, but I felt like I was riding around on egg shells yesterday. The wind off of t4 was crazy. :eek:
Man....he didnt seem that hurt after the accident....I know he was fighting mad after the accident with some Hispanic guys.....When is the next time yall coming out? I know yall from up there.....

Kona127

Reg is from Queens, NY; my brother is from the Newburgh, NY area and I'm in Somerset, NJ. Monticello is only 40 minutes from Ray's house's while NJMP is 1 hr 45 in for me. Next date we'll looking at is May 17th NJMP. I think Reg is looking at the skill enhancement at VIR. He plans to be trouble this year. ;)

ZxRegg6r

Yo IcebergMickey, What's crackin? I remember you man. We had a damn blast on Lightining. We both got bumped that day. We both wanted to run that dude on the black R1 (show em a wheel to hurt his ego) LOL . That was one of my boys (Rod) bro that got hit (Ray). I'm Regg that was running wit ya. I'm going to VIR in May 15 then Lightining on May 17. Hit me up maybe we can organize something and rollout.

ganglo

Here's my video from I group. It's the full Session 1 shot with GoPro cameras facing front and back.

Session 1 - Composite

Warnings -
The file is huge if you plan on downloading it.
The views are only as bad as it was inside of my helmet.

icebergmikey

ZxRegg6r;50060 wrote: Yo IcebergMickey, What's crackin? I remember you man. We had a damn blast on Lightining. We both got bumped that day. We both wanted to run that dude on the black R1 (show em a wheel to hurt his ego) LOL . That was one of my boys (Rod) bro that got hit (Ray). I'm Regg that was running wit ya. I'm going to VIR in May 15 then Lightining on May 17. Hit me up maybe we can organize something and rollout.
Yo Reg,
That May 15th at VIR sounds reall Good...Hit me on here or my email is: icebergmikey@verizon.net .......so we can get something going! Im thinking bout racing this year, so i want all the track time I can get! I was trying to hit thunderbolt this weekend but they sold out!....I'll definitely hit lightening or thunderbolt a few more times before the season is over. Im hittin Jennings this weekend, I PRESSED!:first:

MB3

Here's my video from I group. It's the full Session 1 shot with GoPro cameras facing front and back.

Look at that fatass on the old ZX-7R behind you the first two laps....wait, wait thats me. Logan, thanks so much for the shelter and lunch you and your dad provided Brian and I. That day was a new experience for myself, the water would have been ok, but the wind gusts pushing the bikes around the track was a little too much. Ok, the rain sucked too. Its amazing how quick you can still go on street tires in the wet, though. Thanks again. One can always count on the NESBA community to lend a friendly hand.

ganglo

MB3;50211 wrote:

Look at that fatass on the old ZX-7R behind you the first two laps....wait, wait thats me. Logan, thanks so much for the shelter and lunch you and your dad provided Brian and I. That day was a new experience for myself, the water would have been ok, but the wind gusts pushing the bikes around the track was a little too much. Ok, the rain sucked too. Its amazing how quick you can still go on street tires in the wet, though. Thanks again. One can always count on the NESBA community to lend a friendly hand.
Again, nice to meet you guys. Glad we could help out, I had a ton of fun, but I was apprehensive all day. I'll have to try to find you if we're back at NJMP at the same time again.