Njmp why no cancellation on sat??? I think that was bull s@%t

toptaz1000rr

i think if you are upset you should speak with the admin rather than post such a thread.. but you are entitled to your thoughts and opinion...

Rain Policy

If an event is rained out and no one got to ride, you will receive 100% of your track fee as a credit to use for any other NESBA event. This credit is valid for a year.

i am SURE a mod or admin can explain it to you
i was not there but i would guess there were riders on the track which means if you did not ride or want to that was your decision to not nesba's forcing you to.

but again i am sure if you email info@nesba.com you can get a straight answer and they will make sure you know why

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Not necessarily. It also depends on the track, some are safe to ride in the rain. I wasn't there either, so I don't know what it was like. I know with a club I used to ride with, you had to get a certain amount of rain within a certain amount of time in order for rain insurance to kick in. Otherwise the track wouldn't refund the club's money. I don't know how it works with NESBA, but like Toptaz said, you should have either asked the director at the event that day, or email info@nesba.com. Bitching about it on here isn't going to get you a definitive answer.

toptaz1000rr

old school;46813 wrote: It is obvious to me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ over safty & commom sense!!
sorry i would disagree with you ... my experience is that NESBA is all about YOUR safety ... if YOU decided not to ride that was ok and resepcted but YOUR decision...

if nexba felt it was UNSAFE to ride they would be the first to cancel! also has to do with the track ..

but i think personally you hashing this out here without first contacting mark or your regional director (i this case would be i belive dutch) then i think that was a bad decision on your part

hope you ride with us again ... nesba is all about SAFE track days! (and alot of people on here are wera, ama, etc racers so if you think they are not concerned with your safety then you are wrong)

DesmoLin

riding in the rain is a part of the track day experience. Track days are more akin to riding school, and if this were a true riding school, they should take into account change in weather, ie. rain. It's a good opportunity to practice your riding skills in changing weather conditions...in the end you become a better rider for it...which is the purpose of track days/riding schools.

you also have to keep in mind, if NJMP isn't willing to call off the event for safety reasons, then there's not much that NESBA can do except hold the track day since all dues have already been paid out to NJMP. If NESBA did cancel the event despite NJMP not closing down the facilities, NESBA wouldn't have been able to refund us our money anyway and people who are willing to ride in the rain would've been cheated of their money.

toptaz1000rr

rain, cold weather etc = ride smarter not faster

good luck with whatever you decide to do .. i hope you stay around

rk97

I don't envy Dutch's job on days like Saturday. Tough decisions have to be made, and you're always going to piss someone off.

I would have preferred a credit, but other people seemed to have a lot of fun riding in the rain. the 5 of us who pitted near each other decided we'd rather lose $185 on the day than risk double or triple that in crash repairs, or spend $400 on rain tires. AND our gear was all dry for Sunday.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and when the decision was made at 10AM, the rain was supposed to be gone MUCH earlier than it actually was. these things happen.

:popcorn:

JohnS

My take on it is NESBA ran and old school is pissed. I was there and I did not ride, heck I did not even tech my bike. I cannot blame the guy for being POed.

Talking to the director would not have changed a thing, and neither will this post but the guy is venting about a call NESBA made, and he is doing it on the NESBA board.

Blaise

Every rider's meeting:

If you're not having fun, talk to us, there's not much we can do about it on Monday on the message board

Miss that part?

I rode on saturday. Got a nice warmup, practiced my body positioning, apexing, and smooth transitions. Crashed (oops), but considering how many people crashed in the dry on Sunday, I'm not feeling bad about it.

The track was there for you to use. Plenty of people rode. It was your personal choice not to ride. Stop whining.

toptaz1000rr

Blaise;46846 wrote: Every rider's meeting:

If you're not having fun, talk to us, there's not much we can do about it on Monday on the message board

Miss that part?

I rode on saturday. Got a nice warmup, practiced my body positioning, apexing, and smooth transitions. Crashed (oops), but considering how many people crashed in the dry on Sunday, I'm not feeling bad about it.

The track was there for you to use. Plenty of people rode. It was your personal choice not to ride. Stop whining.
I AGREE... thats someting dutch says EVERY meeting!!!
you not riding is your call you had the opportunity to ride and practice throttle control and body position .. you did not .. that was not on nesba.. personally would i have riden .. umm yea.. why not ..its how you LEARN! going slow does not make you a bad rider makes you careful and you learn more ...

moto italiano

rk97;46832 wrote: I don't envy Dutch's job on days like Saturday. Touch decisions have to be made, and you're always going to piss someone off.

I would have preferred a credit, but other people seemed to have a lot of fun riding in the rain. the 5 of us who pitted near each other decided we'd rather lose $185 on the day than risk double or triple that in crash repairs, or spend $400 on rain tires. AND our gear was all dry for Sunday.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and when the decision was made at 10AM, the rain was supposed to be gone MUCH earlier than it actually was. these things happen.

:popcorn:
:agree:

+1

Saturday pretty much did suck...wet, cold and ended up costing me a fistful of dollars. I chose not to ride even though I had tech'd and was good to go. The price of wadding something up versus $190 clams was a no-brainer. A credit would have been nice, but I do understand the business side of track operations. Besides, a day at the track is better than a day at work! Hope you come back and ride again...good org, good peeps and good fun.

Chris (rk97) - we never had a chance to meet, but I had a good time chasing you around a couple of times on Sunday...gotta love that paint job...

riddler

:agree: In the rain is the best time to practice body position. Really get your head down and focus on keeping the bike at the minimum lean angle to navigate the corner while you are significantly slower than in the dry. I just wish I wouldn't forget so quick once it is dry again...:doh:

I wouldn't call it 'practice' for throttle control in the wet... at that point it is game on! Be smooth or fall... :)

For the record old school, I probably wouldn't have rode either... rain and cold... I would have waited for Sun. But again that was your decision.

NorthernYankee

I was there on Saturday and rode all but the first session, would I have preferred that the event be cancelled...sure. But it wasn't so I took the oppurtunity to work on Body positioning and throttle control, plus this will only help you be a better riding when you get caught out in the rain on the street.

RyanITV

Admin
My personal observation was that there were waaaaay more crashes yesterday (clear skies and sunshine) than Saturday in the rain.

Ryan

Nesba

It has everything to do with if the track is safe to ride in the wet....for instance: we will NEVER turn a wheel on Summit JC in the rain, its an ice skating rink when it has a the least bit of water on it.

So if its safe to ride, we will ride.

Blaise

RyanITV;46868 wrote: My personal observation was that there were waaaaay more crashes yesterday (clear skies and sunshine) than Saturday in the rain.

Ryan
:congrats:

Nesba;46888 wrote:
It has everything to do with if the track is safe to ride in the wet....for instance: we will NEVER turn a wheel on Summit JC in the rain, its an ice skating rink when it has a the least bit of water on it.

So if its safe to ride, we will ride.
Good to know when considering my drive down to JC and watching the forecast. Thanks!

old school

I rode a few sessions & it was not fun being on the edge of traction & some of us could not ride sunday, and i heard over one of the walkie talkies at the riders meeting that they knew the rain was not going to let up till 2pm. And think about the guys who this was their first track day ever at least they should get 50% back tward another day, I mean do the right thing here.
Also in these hard times cash aint a plenty.
As far as whining I was hoping I was not the only one who is not brainwashed as to the whole party line bull crap. What about the whole standing water thing?
Truly dissapointed after wating all winter.