No Putnam??? No SED's???

dlockhart5x

Christan;169525 wrote: NESBA days at Putnam in 2011 = Not likely

No NESBA at Putnam in 2011 = :(
Knowing how close you are to a inside man, I am taking that to mean no putnams this year

wonder what the issue was :popcorn: ?

Iowa speedway instead! :first:

ceptorman

barrysuperhawk;169567 wrote: Well, the other concern is that Nesba seems to have gotten used to me on the fastest looking slow bike on the paddock. Thiose other guys might actually expect me to ride beyond 20% or so of the bike's potential...:wow:
Oh....20% of a Busa's potential is pretty fast though!:D

barrysuperhawk

Busa? I ride a Superhawk, the 1000 CCtwin that can almost keep up with ninja 500's at least on a straightaway. I ride my bike because it sounds cool, not because it's fast...

ceptorman

barrysuperhawk;169663 wrote: Busa? I ride a Superhawk, the 1000 CCtwin that can almost keep up with ninja 500's at least on a straightaway. I ride my bike because it sounds cool, not because it's fast...
Sorry man, I had a brainfart. I saw that in your name, I have the Hawks big brother, don't know where Busa came from!:doh:

KBacon

Yep!!! Just joined STT... Gonna hit Barber & Putnam w/ them . Doesn't look like I'll be renewing my NESBA membership this year...

NESBA didnt schedule any dates for Putnam... So I am forced to spend my $$$ w/ the other orgs this year. I'm definitely disappointed that this topic hasn't even gotten any replies from the powers at be... Giving us any kind of reasoning behind this decision??? Well maybe next year???

ceptorman

1st Bluegrass now this.....Indiana needs more tracks!

Forrest Lucas is sponsoring IRP...maybe he can get their roadcourse going again!:cool:

kbonigut

such a bummer, i really dont like riding with other orgs but as they have locked up autobahn, gingerman, putnam, grattan it looks like i will have to. I think i will also look to drive out to mid Atlantic a bit. I rode at beaver run last year a couple of times and if you can make the drive it is worth it. The track is just awesome and nesba locked up a bunch of dates. its still early but looking at what most of these tracks have on the calendar it is not looking so good for us.

ceptorman

kbonigut;169758 wrote: such a bummer, i really dont like riding with other orgs but as they have locked up autobahn, gingerman, putnam, grattan it looks like i will have to. I think i will also look to drive out to mid Atlantic a bit. I rode at beaver run last year a couple of times and if you can make the drive it is worth it. The track is just awesome and nesba locked up a bunch of dates. its still early but looking at what most of these tracks have on the calendar it is not looking so good for us.
I've never been to Beaver but I hope to...it's on the schedule!:D

j_fuggin_t

kbonigut;169758 wrote: such a bummer, i really dont like riding with other orgs but as they have locked up autobahn, gingerman, putnam, grattan it looks like i will have to. I think i will also look to drive out to mid Atlantic a bit. I rode at beaver run last year a couple of times and if you can make the drive it is worth it. The track is just awesome and nesba locked up a bunch of dates. its still early but looking at what most of these tracks have on the calendar it is not looking so good for us.i hear ya on that, i really wanted a nesba grattan date or a nesba acc but got none, but there is still time to get it on there.

nk140;169771 wrote:
None are full weekends though
+1 its tough for the average working individual to take time from work for a track day, i love riding on the track but weekday events are TOUGH for me outside of holidays. i'm more prone to riding a weekend event as opposed to a weekday, i'm dedicated to track riding but weekends are when i get to do it simple as that :dunno:

Kordyte

j_fuggin_t;169816 wrote: +1 its tough for the average working individual to take time from work for a track day, i love riding on the track but weekday events are TOUGH for me outside of holidays. i'm more prone to riding a weekend event as opposed to a weekday, i'm dedicated to track riding but weekends are when i get to do it simple as that :dunno:
Ditto... I work for an hourly wage, not going to sacrifice pay to spend more money.

thumpin250

I know what your talking about pete. All things considered i make most of my money in a couple months and have to budget like a mad man. Though now that we're starting another corporation i'll have to hurry up and wait to see how/when the money comes in.

thumpin250

j_fuggin_t;169710 wrote: just saw that the "other" org added the august date at Putnam... so STT = 2 Nesba = 0

:(
well you can always get together with the mcra. 125 for there day sounds plenty reasonable. lot better then the near 200 it was for gateway:argh:. plus u can get a race in while your there.

MadViking

KBacon;169716 wrote: Yep!!! Just joined STT... Gonna hit Barber & Putnam w/ them . Doesn't look like I'll be renewing my NESBA membership this year...

NESBA didnt schedule any dates for Putnam... So I am forced to spend my $$$ w/ the other orgs this year. I'm definitely disappointed that this topic hasn't even gotten any replies from the powers at be... Giving us any kind of reasoning behind this decision??? Well maybe next year???
:agree:
Wow! I guess NESBA can count me out too. :argh: Putnam is the only track I run, so I guess I will have to run with another organization. :( I was under the impression everyone loved that track and there are no safety issues that I am aware of, so that is unfortunate.

I was just telling another track rider about how NESBA just reduced their membership fees. Oh well. Hopefully they will work something out!!! :doh:

Looks like I won't be making many, if any, dates with NESBA this year either. With Putnam being only 45 miles from me, it is obviously my first choice for track time.

I do enjoy riding other tracks, but since I travel to track days by myself, the additional fuel cost to attend dates at tracks that are further away really means that I can't make as many dates, so I opt for more track time and less travel time...

Guess I'll be scarce in the NESBA paddock this season.:mad:

In looking at the dates posted, which may still be incomplete, it seems weird to me that their are no dates at all scheduled for the Northeast region.

Just seems weird for the NorthEast SportBike Association... just sayin'