No Putnam??? No SED's???

sobottka

greeny;183169 wrote: oh it's very doable - i was just clarifying how fast it really was haha. i believe mark junge has the record from 04 on a zx9r and it's either a low 10 or high 9. jensen wouldn't have any reason to ride there, so i wouldn't think it was him. so with newer bikes gridding up, i bet when the ama nationals go to putnam in oct, we'll see the record broken lap after lap. that's why i was asking how fast the experts were going... bc there hasn't been racing at putnam for a really long time.
Ricky won his race there. probably in the 1:12-13 range

ceptorman

The official bike track record is Tray Batey at 1:09...the last time WERA raced there (7-8 years ago?) He was on a GSXR1000. I'm sure someone has gone faster, but like most records, it doesnt count unless it's an official timed trial, like a race weekend.

A side note.....back a few years ago, IndyCar teams would rent the track to test. It was very cool hearing those cars buzzing around. Those V8 turbo cars were some of the best sounding cars ever.

kawaholic

racer23;179658 wrote: As of this point, there are no SED's on the horizon for 2011.
However, we are sold on the concept, and when our schedule improves we will be continuing with SED's.
just wondering if this is just for the mid-west region or all regions? :notsure:

RandyO

Well I for one an really disappointed.... I started at Putnam with NESBA and have/do ride with 3 other orgs there.. NESBA hands down has the best program of them all for guys like me that need coaching.. I bought a premium membership this year just for Putnam and now I got toast without butter..

This year is going to be especially bad as I went out and got a real track bike for this year and was REALLY looking forward to help from the CR's..

I guess I am going to have to look to other tracks to get this great coaching... Just not sure where to go now.. I sit between MidOhio and Putnam

j_fuggin_t

RandyO;186038 wrote: Well I for one an really disappointed.... I started at Putnam with NESBA and have/do ride with 3 other orgs there.. NESBA hands down has the best program of them all for guys like me that need coaching.. I bought a premium membership this year just for Putnam and now I got toast without butter..

This year is going to be especially bad as I went out and got a real track bike for this year and was REALLY looking forward to help from the CR's..

I guess I am going to have to look to other tracks to get this great coaching... Just not sure where to go now.. I sit between MidOhio and Putnamnesba is the best hands down, just this paticular year our schedule sucks, but nothing we can do about it now.. I will tell you that i'll be down at putnam in july & possibly august as well... if you want some help find me and i'll do the best i can, ALOT of the cr's have shown me the way through putnam

eE jeremy;186042 wrote:
Randy head on over to road america on the 8th, and memorial day weekend and then blackhawk in june and july!
i may make that first one, but i'm sitting on the fence for weather ;)

some guy #2

If anybody is heading to Putnam can we post up in here for a possible meet up spot in the paddock? I'm more than happy to show people my slow lines through my home track.

BillFred

I’ll be doing most all Putnam days. I did the MCRA event. Pretty well run (No NESBA, but not bad;)).

I’d like to meet up with other folks at the track. I’m no super fast dude, but I know Putnam pretty well on my old R6 (1:18-1:19).
I’ll be there May 29th.

I spent some time racing at Nelson Ledges last couple years, that place really makes you appreciate Putnam.

RandyO – I agree NESBA has some great CRs, but I also am a firm believer in just racking up the track miles. CRs can only take you so far, you’ve got to get track time.
Just my 2 cents.

j_fuggin_t

some guy #2;186061 wrote: If anybody is heading to Putnam can we post up in here for a possible meet up spot in the paddock? I'm more than happy to show people my slow lines through my home track.
let me know ;) i love me some silly putty

some guy #2

I hate mentioning other orgs on the NESBA board but since WERA killed the trackday thread I don't have a good general post up spot.

j_fuggin_t

some guy #2;186080 wrote: May 29 is a maybe for me but definitely June 18-19.
i'll keep my eye on that 18/19 days, as for mentioning others, i don't think anyone will take it to heart ( i hope not ) they are just like us and want to ride said track, as i mentioned nesba is my first choice ALWAYS but if they don't have a weekend and someone does and i can get some seat time, you betcha i will & i'm sure none of the guys involved would fault me for that

RandyO

Mid America is a long haul for me and the weather is just too big a issue. I went last year, did not get to ride one lap.. A few others went out in rain (and I do not ride the Busa on wet tracks)..

June 18-19 at Putnam will likely work for me. Like I said, I have ridden all the other groups at Putnam and none are "bad", just a level of "how good"

. I am going to Hallet for the April 9/10 to do my first day on the new bike..

some guy #2

I've heard about the RA weather but during the summer how much chance is there for rain beyond normal?

Anybody interested in doing Mid - Ohio days? I know they are during the week but we all need vacations every once in a while :D

rk97

watch for the Max-Time events at Mid-Ohio. they're by far the best deal, and you get in enough track time that 1 day is plenty.

fitz

some guy #2;186121 wrote: Anybody interested in doing Mid - Ohio days?
I have every intention of doing at least a couple days there this year.

Anyone know if you can sign up at the track, or if their groups fill up? If I go it will be a last minute deal.

fitz

RandyO

fitz;186133 wrote: I have every intention of doing at least a couple days there this year.

Anyone know if you can sign up at the track, or if their groups fill up? If I go it will be a last minute deal.

fitz
sort of a crap shoot... best to call at least a week ahead from what I saw in the last year (did 8 days there)

Seems to me that most days that there were no "I" slots open.. really could not tell you about the A and B groups..

eE jeremy

RandyO;186112 wrote: Mid America is a long haul for me and the weather is just too big a issue. I went last year, did not get to ride one lap.. A few others went out in rain (and I do not ride the Busa on wet tracks)..
Road America? If so i was one of the idiots out in the rain. It was a blast :p

But you said you have an elite membership right, just wait until the last minute and double check the weather first :)

RandyO

eE jeremy;186237 wrote: Road America? If so i was one of the idiots out in the rain. It was a blast :p

But you said you have an elite membership right, just wait until the last minute and double check the weather first :)
Road America, yes... too cold for me and the bike.. the thing already gets a bit cranky when the tires are cold and when it is wet? forget it.. the bike just has too much torque to be any fun when all it does is spin up the tires.. then you gotta slow a 600lb bike down at the end? scary when it gets loose and you are running out of track (well at least for me)..

Now I get to find out how the R1 does... still no wet tracks for me but I bet it is easier to ride :)